|Page (1) of 1 - 03/08/18||email article||print page|
Daiya Serves Up New Plant-Based Comfort Foods at Natural Products Expo West
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, March 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- In an effort to help its fans enjoy a greater variety of the foods they love, Daiya, leading maker of plant-based foods that are dairy, gluten and soy free, will unveil the expansion of its signature line of craveable comfort foods at the annual Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim, CA. With tasty new options like burritos, frozen desserts, and Meatless Meat Lover's pizza, the latest innovations expand Daiya's line of plant-based offerings to cover seven product categories and all day parts, satisfying cravings for any time of day. Daiya's delicious new comfort foods will debut for sampling on Friday, March 9, at booth #1105 in Hall A, and will be served throughout the weekend.
"Plant-based is no longer a fringe movement—it is now mainstream," said Michael Lynch, Daiya vice president of marketing. "Today's consumers have an appetite for foods that not only taste great, but are also better for themselves as well as the planet. At Daiya, we're addressing this demand by unveiling the most expansive and craveworthy portfolio of plant-based foods in the market."
Daiya will be showcasing the following plant-based innovations at Natural Products Expo West:
- Daiya Burritos (SRP: $4.29)—A new category in the company's portfolio of plant-based foods, Daiya Burritos are made with wholesome ingredients, including flax and chickpea flour, and each packs 7-12 grams of protein. Perfect for late-night snacking, on-the-go lunches or to simply satisfy a burrito craving, Daiya Burritos are available in four savory varieties:
- Tex-Mex— This all-time classic features tender pinto beans, brown rice, red bell peppers, red jalapenos, spices and Daiya Cutting Board Cheddar Style Shreds.
- Santiago—This variety is packed with tasty ingredients, including hearty red quinoa, sweet potatoes, black beans, flavorful poblano peppers and Daiya Cutting Board Mozzarella Style Shreds.
- Santa Fe— Flavorful and aromatic, Daiya's Santa Fe burrito offers the right amount of spice thanks to a hint of chipotle peppers, potatoes, brown rice, meatless crumbles and the company's Cutting Board Mozzarella Style Shreds.
- Tuscan— Bright sundried tomatoes, spinach, and basil are tossed with meatless crumbles and rolled up with Daiya Cutting Board Mozzarella Style Shreds in this deliciously filling burrito.
- Coconut Non-Dairy Frozen Desserts (SRP: TBD)—Creamy, smooth and rich, Daiya Non-Dairy Frozen Desserts are offered in four varieties and feature premium ingredients such as semisweet chocolate, fair trade dark chocolate, real vanilla extract and 100% Arabica coffee:
- Chocolate Fudge Crunch—This decadent chocolate dessert bar with a deep fudgy swirl is dipped in rich fair trade dark chocolate and finished with crunchy roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Classic Vanilla Bean—Rich and creamy, this classic vanilla dessert bar is dipped in rich fair trade dark chocolate and finished to perfection with a semisweet chocolate drizzle.
- Salted Caramel Swirl—Rich and velvety smooth, this vanilla dessert bar is swirled with a salted caramel ribbon throughout and dipped in semisweet chocolate and finished with a dark chocolate drizzle.
- Espresso Coffee—Bold and smooth Arabica coffee is blended in a dessert bar, and dipped in rich and velvety fair trade dark chocolate.
- Daiya Duets (SRP: $2.49)—Daiya Duets elevate snack time with a new velvety yogurt alternative base made from coconut cream, paired with delicious toppings. Each variety comes in convenient dual packages to keep toppings crisp. A perfect combination of creamy and crunchy, Daiya Duets are a good source of calcium and contain 5-6 grams of plant-based protein per serving. They are available in four fun flavors, including Chocolate Coconut, Key Lime Crumble, Cranberry Harvest, and Salted Caramel Crunch.
- Daiya Meatless Meat Lover's Pizza (SRP: $9.99)—The first-ever plant-based Meat Lover's pie, Daiya Meatless Meat Lover's Pizza is crafted with meatless sausage style crumbles and pepperoni style slices, Daiya signature shredded cheeze, and zesty sauce atop an artisan gluten-free crust. Daiya Meatless Meat Lover's Pizza is entirely plant-based and free of dairy, gluten and soy, making it the pizza no one can refuse.
For more information on Daiya's plant-based offerings, please visit www.daiyafoods.com.
Daiya Foods was founded in 2008 out of a love for food and a commitment to healthy living. Today, as an industry leader and one of the founding members of The Plant Based Food Association, Daiya remains passionate about celebrating delicious food that is dairy, gluten and soy free. Its line of premium plant-based foods, like Burritos, Duets, Non-Dairy Frozen Desserts, Greek Yogurt Alternatives, Pizzas, Cheezecakes, Cream Cheeze Style Spreads, and wonderful cheese alternatives, including Blocks, Shreds, Slices and Cheeze Sauces, are available in the dairy case and freezer aisle. Daiya also recently expanded its offerings to include shelf-stable products like its Cheezy Macs and Dairy-Free Dressings. Daiya's selection of deliciously plant-based foods can be found in more than 25,000 grocery stores in the U.S., including Whole Foods, Kroger, Safeway and Publix, as well as most natural food retailers. Daiya's products are also available internationally in Australia, Sweden, Mexico, Hong Kong, and more. For more information about Daiya, please visit www.daiyafoods.com, become a fan on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/daiya-serves-up-new-plant-based-comfort-foods-at-natural-products-expo-west-300610396.html
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved