|Page (2) of 2 - 08/23/05||email article||print page|
Dynamic End Jumps in DVD Studio ProTargeting the 'next' button in a sequence of tracks
To do this, we make our third command a Set GPRM command as well, this time using the default "mov" Operation. The Source Type will be "SPRM." The Source Value will be "SPRM 8." And the Target will be GPRM 1.
Command 4. But obviously the number 1024 (or 2048 or 3096 or whatever) isn't going to do us any good by itself. So we're going to divide this number by 1024 to give us a smaller, more meaningful number--such as 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. So set the Command to "Set GPRM" once again. Set the Operation to "div." Set the Source Type to Immediate," the Source Value to "1024" and the Target to "GPRM 1."
Command 5. And then, finally, we come to the command that makes this whole thing come together. We now add the value stored in GPRM 1 to the value stored in GPRM 0. Remember, we're trying to target the next button in order in our chapter index. The value is GPRM 0 is currently the value of Button 1. By adding GPRM 1 to this value, we'll increase the value of GPRM 0 to the numerical value of the next button. So the fifth command, then, will also be a "Set GPRM" command. The Operation will be "Add." The Source Type will be "GPRM." The Source Value will be "GPRM 1." And the Target will be "GPRM 0."
And that is it. Here's the complete script in its final form.
Now, I know this is a bit complex, so, if you'd like to compare your own work with my script, you can download the modified End Jump script by clicking on the link below.
Download: End Jump-Modified (4 KB)
Finally, to recap how to put it all together, set the script called "Menu Prescript" as the prescript for all of your menus. Then set the "End Jump-Modified" script as the end jump for all of the tracks, stories and chapter that you wish to behave in this way. (Again, you can see more detail on the final process of making connections in our previous and much simpler tutorial on this topic, which you can find by clicking here.)
If you have any further questions, be sure to visit me in DMN's DVD Studio Pro forum by clicking here.http://www.dmnforums.com/cgi-bin/displaywwugindex.fcgi?forum=astarte_dvd To read our previous tutorials on DVD Studio Pro, be sure to follow the links below.
DVD Studio Pro Scripting, Series 1
- Part 1: General scripting information
- Part 2: Creating an interactive quiz
- Part 3: Keeping track of time
- Part 4: Pausing and resuming a timer
- Scripting End Jumps
- GPRM Partitions, Part 1
- GPRM Partitions, Part 2
- Loop points in DVD Studio Pro 4
- Scripting dynamic chapter selections
- Scripting system streams, Part 3 (audio switching)
- Scripting system streams, Part 2 (audio menu)
- Scripting a dynamic 'play all' button
- Scripting system streams, Part 1 (subtitles)
- Scripting previous/next buttons for menu navigation
- Menu End Jumps in DVD Studio Pro, Part 1
- Frame Interpolation/Standards Conversion in Compressor 2
- VTS Allocation
- Switching System Streams with Buttons over Video
- DVDSP General Walkthrough
- Customizing Button States
- Highlights and Overlays
- Zoom Masks
- Customizing Masks
- Fixing color shift (for DVDSP 2.0)
- Motion Masks (custom patches)
- Remote Rollovers
- Setting Up DTS Playback on the Mac
- Creating Alpha Transitions, Part 1
- Quick Tip on Stories
- Alpha Transitions, Part 2
- Delaying Button Highlights
- Buttons over Video
- Media Storage
- Creating a "Play All" Button by Merging Tracks
- Display Conditions and Prescripts
- Bitrates in DVD Studio Pro
Related Keywords:apple dvd studio pro, end jumps, highlight next button, select next button, scripting
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved