|Page (2) of 2 - 05/12/05||email article||print page|
Scripting System Streams in DVD Studio Pro, Part 3Switching audio streams on the fly
And, once again, I'll click the Compare Command checkbox. This time, the compare command will read: "Execute if GPRM 0 is = Immediate with value 0."
And, of course, if I had any additional streams in my track, I'd continue adding Set System Stream commands for each one of them.
At the end of all this, I need to add one additional command, or else my DVD player will behave erratically, possibly freezing up. The final command will simply be "Resume." In this way, after I tell my player to switch audio streams, it will also know that it should then resume playback of the movie.
Attaching the script to a remote button
All that's left now in terms of the technical aspect of this project is to assign this script to a button on the user's remote control. You do this by selecting the track in the Outline tab in DVD Studio Pro, which then activates the track options in the Inspector palette. There, in the General tab, you'll see a section labeled "Remote Control." This section allows you to assign functions to any or all of the optional buttons on a remote control. So, from the pull-down menu next to the Audio button, I'll select my new script (which is called "Director's Commentary").
You can assign this script to any of the other buttons as well, just in case a viewer doesn't have an Audio button on his or her remote control.
And you're done. All that's left now is telling the viewer how to switch to and from a commentary track, which I'll leave up to you.
Looking for more articles about DVD Studio Pro? Check these.
DVD Studio Pro Scripting, Series 1
- Part 1: General scripting information
- Part 2: Creating an interactive quiz
- Part 3: Keeping track of time
- Part 4: Pausing and resuming a timer
- Scripting system streams (audio menu)
- Scripting a dynamic 'play all' button
- Scripting system streams (subtitles)
- Scripting previous/next buttons for menu navigation
- DVDSP General Walkthrough
- Customizing Button States
- Highlights and Overlays
- Zoom Masks
- Customizing Masks
- Fixing color shift (for DVDSP 2.0)
- Motion Masks (custom patches)
- Remote Rollovers
- Setting Up DTS Playback on the Mac
- Creating Alpha Transitions, Part 1
- Quick Tip on Stories
- Alpha Transitions, Part 2
- Delaying Button Highlights
- Buttons over Video
- Media Storage
- Creating a "Play All" Button by Merging Tracks
- Display Conditions and Prescripts
- Bitrates in DVD Studio Pro
Related Keywords:apple dvd studio pro, scripting, switching audio, set system stream, audio stream, alternate audio track
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved