|Page (1) of 1 - 06/12/12||email article||print page|
Bunchball Adds Board Member, Senior Execs to Support ExpansionTech Veterans Join Gamification Company for Next Stage of Growth (June 12, 2012)
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/12/12 --
CORE NEWS FACTS
- Bunchball, the pioneer and market leader in gamification, today announced it has appointed Ken Klein, president of Wind River Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation, to its board of directors.
- Bunchball also announced the addition of Caroline Japic as the new senior vice president of marketing, Joe Fisher as the new vice president of products and Jim Cumella as the new regional vice president, east coast sales.
- With a world-class team leading innovation in the space, Bunchball has experienced a tremendous demand for gamification solutions. Bunchball's new additions will support marketing, product and sales efforts and launch the company into the next phase of growth.
- Ken Klein, Board Member:
- Ken Klein is president of Wind River, a subsidiary of Intel Corporation. At Wind River, Klein and his team effected a turnaround, doubling the company's revenues and completing the sale of the company to Intel for $1 billion.
- Before joining Wind River, Klein was chief operating officer and a board member of Mercury Interactive where he served for 12 years. Klein and his team built Mercury from a pre-revenue startup into a software powerhouse with a peak market capitalization of $15 billion, 2,150 employees, operations in 35 countries, and membership in the NASDAQ 100 and S&P 500.
- Caroline Japic, Senior Vice President, Marketing:
- With more than 20 years of experience leading successful marketing and communications teams in the technology industry, Japic will be responsible for leading all strategic marketing efforts and strengthening Bunchball's brand visibility. Working closely with the sales and development teams, Japic will also lead global market strategy to address the industry's need for gamification.
- Most recently, Japic served as VP of Marketing for Taleo, which was acquired by Oracle in February 2012 for $1.9 billion. In this role, she was responsible for building and leading Taleo's aggressive global corporate communications and customer insight strategy to support the Company's rapid growth. Japic significantly increased awareness and visibility, extending the Taleo brand from being known as a recruiting company to the global leader in Talent Management.
- Joe Fisher, Vice President, Products:
- Fisher has more than 20 years of international product, development and product marketing leadership experience. He will be responsible for leading Bunchball's R&D, Product Management and IT initiatives as the company expands its suite of products and addressable markets and regions.
- Most recently, Fisher was EVP of Worldwide Marketing at Axway, a leading enterprise integration vendor. Fisher has successfully managed product families ranging from $5 million to $300 million in size in rapidly growing market segments.
- Jim Cumella, Regional Vice President, East Coast Sales:
- Cumella is an entrepreneurial high-tech sales executive with over 20 years of demonstrated success. At Bunchball he'll be responsible for growing the Eastern region sales team to address rapidly growing demand.
- Prior to joining Bunchball, Jim held senior sales positions at iPass, Lumigent Technologies, and Tumbleweed Communications, building and leading high-performance sales organizations for companies ranging from start-ups to mature public entities.
PRE-APPROVED QUOTE FROM JIM SCULLION, CEO, BUNCHBALL
"We've always believed that gamification would positively disrupt the way businesses connect with customers, partners and employees and it is happening. Thanks to our stellar team and first-rate gamification solutions, Bunchball is ready for the next phase of growth with Caroline, Joe, Jim and Ken's valuable support and direction."
PRE-APPROVED QUOTE FROM KEN KLEIN, BOARD MEMBER, BUNCHBALL
"Gamification has become a powerful engagement strategy and a lasting trend in business that shows no signs of slowing down. I look forward to supporting and contributing to the clear market leader in gamification, as Bunchball continues to drive the industry forward."
PRE-APPROVED QUOTE FROM CAROLINE JAPIC, SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, MARKETING, BUNCHBALL
"Bunchball is leading the gamification phenomenon with innovative solutions that drive engagement and loyalty among customers, partners and employees. I'm excited to be a part of this amazing team and carrying out our vision to make any digital experience more engaging, rewarding and productive."
PRE-APPROVED QUOTE FROM JOE FISHER, VICE PRESIDENT, PRODUCTS, BUNCHBALL
"I believe we are just scratching the surface with the uses for gamification. An industry that is moving this fast, innovating at light speed holds a large amount of promise for delivering real world value, and I know Bunchball is the company to lead the charge."
PRE-APPROVED QUOTE FROM JIM CUMELLA, REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT, EASTERN SALES, BUNCHBALL
"I am thrilled to join the Bunchball team to help drive adoption of our wide range of gamification soltuions in enterprise companies. We have the best-of-breed technology combined with the most talented people in industry."
Bunchball is the industry leader in gamification, an innovative way of engaging users, motivating employees and increasing customer loyalty. Gamification works by integrating game mechanics into digital experiences in order to influence and motivate people. This helps drive a deeper, more compelling user experience, which leads to tangible business benefits, such as increased employee productivity, customer loyalty and revenues. Bunchball's cloud-based Nitro gamification platform is being used by some of the world's leading companies to create experiences that combine intuitive game mechanics with compelling content. Bunchball's customers include Adobe, HP, Cisco, Warner Bros., Comcast, LiveOps, VMWare and Hasbro. Based in Silicon Valley, Bunchball's investors include Granite Ventures, Triangle Peak Partners, Northport Investments, and Correlation Ventures. For more information, visit Bunchball online at www.bunchball.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2010104
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2010107
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2010101
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2010099
Inner Circle Labs
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: bunchball, gamification, game mechanics, engagement, new hires, executives, Sales,Marketing,Sales & Marketing,Business Issues,Management,Sales,CEO/CFO,Sales,Marketwire,HP,Business,