|Page (1) of 1 - 12/05/11||email article||print page|
TiVo Celebrates Holiday Entertainment by Donating One Dollar to Toys for Tots for Each Recording of "It's A Wonderful Life" on NBC December 24Survey by TiVo Recasts Holiday TV and Movie Classics Appointing Julie Bowen and Ty Burrell as the Updated Griswolds (December 05, 2011)
ALVISO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/11 -- Just as "every time a bell rings, an angel gets their wings," this holiday season every time a TiVo® DVR "Badoops," a child in need is closer to receiving a new toy. "It's a Wonderful Life" was the most recorded classic holiday program in 2010, and this year TiVo will donate one dollar to Toys for Tots for each recording of "It's a Wonderful Life," airing Saturday, December 24 at 8 p.m. ET/ 7 p.m. CT on NBC.
Plus, to help get TiVo subscribers in the holiday spirit, TiVo called on America to recast some of the top classic holiday programs with Hollywood's modern stars. In a new survey, TiVo found the top picks for updating our favorite TV shows and movies of the season, and you'll find some of the results shocking.
The Updates on Every TV Lover's Wishlist
- Nearly one in four surveyed (24%) think Julie Bowen and Ty Burrell should be recast as the Griswolds from "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"
- Funny Santa inches ahead of traditional Santa according to most, with 27 percent hoping Jack Black would make over a Christmas comedy and 24 percent wanting to see a serious Santa classic from Sean Connery
- Noah Munck, who plays Gibby on Nickelodeon's iCarly, was the top pick to play Ralphie from "A Christmas Story" (23 percent), beating out ABC's Modern Family stars Nolan Gould (Luke Dunphy) with 20 percent and Rico Rodriguez (Manny Delgato) with 19 percent
Seasonal Character Shockers
- The crime-solving cast of NCIS and the comical Griswolds from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation couldn't be any more different; however they tied as the group most respondents would like to spend a holiday with (20 percent each)
- Actors aside, TV lovers want these characters to play The Grinch for the season: Dr. House (House) with 45 percent, followed by Sheldon Cooper (The Big Bang Theory) with 12 percent and Barney Stinson (How I Met Your Mother) with 10 percent
American's Can't Wait for Holiday TV
- People are ready for a funny take on a family favorite as 31 percent think it's time for Family Guy to remake "A Charlie Brown Christmas"
- Modern Family is the TV show most Americans want to have a holiday episode this year (21 percent)
"It really is A Wonderful Cause. Though families have plenty of programs to choose from this holiday season, we are happy to be working with Toys for Tots in donating one dollar for each recording of 'It's a Wonderful Life,'" said Tara Maitra, SVP, GM Content & Media Sales for TiVo. "In addition, TiVo Premiere makes finding the best of new and classic seasonal programs easy with its advanced search and discovery tools like TiVo Collections which suggests new content based on user preferences or holidays and events."
"We are pleased to have TiVo as a national partner to help raise dollars and awareness for our 2011 campaign," said retired Marine Major Bill Grein, the vice president of the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation. "By simply setting a recording and watching with your family and friends, people can give back while enjoying one of the most-loved holiday movies."
Americans can get access to all their favorite holiday TV and movies with TiVo Premiere, which provides access to the world's largest on demand library from services like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube, Pandora and more. So whether users prefer to kick back and enjoy TV or Web entertainment, they can quickly and easily access all their favorite programs, actors or television characters through TiVo's gold-standard user interface.
About TiVo Inc.
Founded in 1997, TiVo Inc. (NASDAQ: TIVO) developed the first commercially available digital video recorder (DVR). TiVo offers the TiVo service and TiVo DVRs directly to consumers online at www.TiVo.com and through third-party retailers. TiVo also distributes its technology and services through solutions tailored for cable, satellite and broadcasting companies. Since its founding, TiVo has evolved into the ultimate single solution media center by combining its patented DVR technologies and universal cable box capabilities with the ability to aggregate, search, and deliver millions of pieces of broadband, cable, and broadcast content directly to the television. An economical, one-stop-shop for in-home entertainment, TiVo's intuitive functionality and ease of use puts viewers in control by enabling them to effortlessly navigate the best digital entertainment content available through one box, with one remote, and one user interface, delivering the most dynamic user experience on the market today. TiVo also continues to weave itself into the fabric of the media industry by providing interactive advertising solutions and audience research and measurement ratings services to the television industry. www.TiVo.com
TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide. © 2011 All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Christmas, Toys for Tots, holiday, charity, Christmas, Santa, movies, survey, TiVo, entertainment , Broadcast,Digital,Broadcast Technology,Broadcast,Marketwire, Inc., ,Television,Internet Technology,Entertainment,Family,Other,