|Page (1) of 1 - 10/20/05||email article||print page|
wondertouch Offers More Than 50% Off on particleIllusion 3.0Limited-time promotion discount at reduced price of $179.00 through November 15, 2005 (October 20, 2005)
wondertouch, a leading software developer of high performance particle effects creation tools, today announced a special limited-time upgrade promotion that allows registered owners of the Autodesk Combustion 3 or Combustion 4 desktop software programs to receive more than 50% off the USMSRP of particleIllusion 3.0, the latest version of the company's cornerstone, sprite-based particle effects software application. The promotion - which ends November 15, 2005 - enables Combustion 3 or Combustion 4 software owners to purchase the standalone version of particleIllusion 3.0 for Windows or Mac OS X platforms, at a reduced price of $179.00, a savings of $220.00.
Designed as an easy-to-use, low-cost, high performance tool to efficiently and easily customize and modify effects, or create entirely new and realistic particle effects to any image, animation, or video footage, particleIllusion has been used in hundreds of feature films, TV episodes, and broadcast commercials worldwide. In 2001 the wondertouch development team integrated the particleIllusion 2.0 engine into Combustion 2 to provide creatives easy access to its powerful particle effects. Combustion 4, the latest version of Autodesk's leading visual effects and 3D desktop compositing software, still contains the particleIllusion 2.0 engine.
"While particleIllusion 2.0 remains the particle system in Combustion, demanding content creation professionals who want access to the power and flexibility of the industry-leading standalone particle effects application can take advantage of this promotional offer to experience the advantages of particleIllusion 3.0, which sports numerous feature and productivity enhancements - at a tremendous cost savings," said Alan Lorence, wondertouch president and lead developer.
The standalone application of particleIllusion 3.0 offers Combustion 3 and Combustion 4 software users several advantages, including:
* Speed acceleration: the particles in particleIllusion 3.0 run faster than those in Combustion, even with multiple emitters running on modest OpenGL hardware.
* Forces: Influence particles after they are created, to create wind effects for example.
* Super emitters: allows for the automatic creation of emitters to create other emitters, to achieve new levels of realism and creativity.
* New color options: includes the ability to get the particle color from the background footage, allowing for a wide variety of artistic and simulated displacement effects, as well as a new "don't erase" function which essentially allows you to "paint" with particles.
* Library manager :allows easy movement of emitters between libraries and quick access to any libraries on one's computer.
* New emitter libraries: wondertouch releases a new emitter library for particleIllusion 3.0 every month. Over 1300 emitters have been released for particleIllusion 3.0, providing new users of particleIllusion 3.0 with a huge set of new effects to use immediately.
The wondertouch promotion enables qualified customers who can demonstrate proof of ownership of Combustion 3 or Combustion 4 to buy particleIllusion 3.0 for Windows or Mac OS X at $179.00. This promotion is available directly through wondertouch.
For more information about how to purchase the wondertouch competitive upgrade, please visit the wondertouch website, www.wondertouch.com .
About Autodesk Combustion
Autodesk Combustion software is an all-in-one professional digital visual effects desktop software application for Mac and Windows PCs featuring industry-leading visual effects tools, fully integrated paint, and support for other popular desktop animation, imaging and illustration, media mastering and nonlinear editing applications.
wondertouch, headquartered in St. Louis, Mo., is a software developer specializing in particle effects for the visual effects industry. The company's flagship product particleIllusion, a sprite-based particle effects application, is focused towards the needs of creative professionals working in film post-production and pre-visualization, standard and HD video, commercial broadcast and Web graphics industries. wondertouch software products are available directly from wondertouch.
Additional information on wondertouch can be obtained on the Web at www.wondertouch.com.
Related Keywords:wondertouch, particleIllusion 3.0, particle effects, Combustion, Autodesk, visual effects, emitters,