|Page (1) of 1 - 12/13/11||email article||print page|
vBulletin Launches vBulletin Facebook Application to Help Forum Owners Grow Their CommunitiesSocially Optimized Application Introduces New Content Discovery Features to Expand vBulletin Communities via Facebook (December 13, 2011)
LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/13/11 -- vBulletin Solutions today launched the vBulletin Facebook Application, an all-new customizable Facebook application that allows vBulletin forum operators to further engage existing community members and attract new members on Facebook.
"Facebook is an amazing ecosystem and is a hub of social online activity for over 800 million people," said Joe Rosenblum, chief technology officer at Internet Brands, the parent company of vBulletin. "Our customers have been asking us for a solution that gets their forums in front of their members while they're on Facebook in an easy, organic way. We developed this application in direct response to these requests."
The vBulletin Facebook Application introduces a host of new features designed to increase forum usage through social discovery of content on Facebook.
Member Engagement Features
Features designed to increase content discovery and consumption among current members:
- Socially Enhanced Forum Functionality in an elegant format allows community members to interact with a forum while logged into Facebook.
- New "Discover" and "Explore" tabs within the application provide relevant content recommendations to members using an exclusive algorithm that analyzes members' Facebook interests and social connections.
- Members' activity is highlighted on Facebook news feeds, increasing forum activity and promoting additional page views.
- Complete customization options maintain consistency of the forum's brand and increase brand awareness on Facebook.
New User Attraction Features
Features designed to expand forums by increasing visibility on Facebook to attract new users:
- Posts created within the vBulletin Facebook Application are published to members' news feeds, promoting the forum and forum content to their friends
- Forums get promoted on the vBulletin Social Network, a vast audience of Facebook users made up of those who use the vBulletin Facebook Application to access other vBulletin forums.
The vBulletin Facebook application is the latest vBulletin product designed to expand forums' reach to new platforms as member habits shift. vBulletin added support for Facebook Connect log-ins in 2010 and the company launched vBulletin Mobile Suite in April 2011.
Technical Requirements and Pricing
The vBulletin Facebook Application currently supports vBulletin sites running vBulletin versions 3.7.5+ (for vB3 customers) and 4.1.7+ (for vB4 customers) and is currently available for the special introductory price of $99.
For more information and to purchase vBulletin Facebook App, visit http://www.vbulletin.com/facebookapp.
vBulletin (www.vbulletin.com) is the world leader in forum and community publishing software. Customers have created vibrant communities for over 10 years on vBulletin's stable and mature platform. Developed with security, powerful administration features and speed in mind, it serves over 70,000 online communities with an international team. vBulletin is a division of Internet Brands, Inc.
Internet Brands Inc. / vBulletin Solutions
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: vBulletin Solutions, Marketwire, Inc., ,Internet Technology,Internet,Other,