|Page (1) of 1 - 10/19/11||email article||print page|
uptime software Releases Smart 'Set it and Forget it' Real-Time VMware Monitoring With up.time 6(October 19, 2011)
TORONTO -- (Marketwire) -- 10/19/11 --
- New release of up.time focuses on Smart Monitoring and Capacity Planning for VMware servers and applications
- New "Set it and Forget it" scalable VMware monitoring makes complex, dynamic environments easier to control
uptime software, Inc., a leader in IT systems management performance and capacity software for midmarket and enterprise organizations, today announced version 6 of its award-winning up.time software platform. This major product release delivers automated, real-time monitoring of VMware, and provides innovative virtual server and application capacity management capabilities from the ease of a single integrated dashboard.
"Virtualization is a proven cost saving alternative to traditional power-hungry physical datacenters. In fact it's been reported that 30 percent of all worldwide workloads are now running on virtual machines," said Alex Bewley, CTO of uptime software. "But with virtualization comes complexity and a lack of visibility into overall virtual system performance. As a result, organizations are demanding deep management and performance monitoring tools to help manage their complex and dynamic VMware environments. With today's announcement, uptime software delivers enterprise-grade VMware monitoring and management to companies of all sizes for a fraction of the cost of competing solutions."
up.time 6 provides complete, yet easy to use software for accurate monitoring, reporting and alerting on the performance and capacity of datacenters and IT services.
In addition to new VMware monitoring and reporting capabilities, up.time 6 continues to deeply monitor across all datacenter infrastructure and applications delivering the most complete set of performance, availability and capacity metrics. A key differentiator of up.time 6 is its virtual-friendly pricing with per-physical-server licensing. This model allows customers to use as many instances as they want on licensed servers at no additional cost, helping companies realize the true cost savings of virtualization. Additionally, up.time 6 offers full control and deep monitoring over servers and applications across Windows, UNIX (IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, HP), Linux, VMware, Novell and more from a single dashboard.
"As mid-enterprise organizations expand their use of virtualization, new complexities and challenges are inevitable," said Dennis Callaghan, senior enterprise software analyst at The 451 Group. "With new support in up.time 6 for real-time monitoring, VM sprawl control, power management, and capacity planning and management, uptime software helps its customers meet these growing needs without having to license additional management software."
With up.time 6, uptime software introduces "Set it and Forget it" scalable VMware monitoring. New features added to up.time include:
- Real-Time vSync (VMware Sync): Auto-discovers thousands of virtual machines in seconds offering full dashboard visibility into a VMware environment. Saves time with monitoring and alerting that's automatically applied to all VMware servers, applications, instances, resource pools, clusters and vApps the minute they spin up. Alleviates VMware blind spots.
- Innovative Sprawl Control: New proactive and reactive sprawl killing capabilities in up.time 6 help end sprawl and wasted resources by quickly identifying sprawl sources and shutting them down in minutes. Using server farm growth trending, rogue virtual machine containment and intelligent server sprawl reporting, version 6 alerts IT when new VMs are created, automatically monitors them and creates automated actions to control license validation, resource allocation and security compliance.
- Virtual Machine Power Awareness: Smart monitoring understands the power state changes in a Data Protection Manager server (DPM) and eliminates false alerts when dynamic systems are in maintenance. up.time also understands to not count maintenance windows against an organization's SLAs. Monitor power usage in VMware environments to track energy savings initiatives, determine power gobbling applications and workloads, and map power usage to capacity over time.
- Deep VMware Capacity Metrics: Newly virtualized applications can sometimes behave oddly, with no explanations as to why. This can be the result of capacity bottlenecks. up.time delivers up-to-the-minute alerts of capacity bottlenecks allowing IT to regain control by locating the bottleneck in minutes with deep capacity metrics.
- Global VMware Capacity Reporting: Compare historical capacity trends across all VMware assets (clusters, resource pools, vApps, VMs, ESX hosts, vCenters, Datacenters and more) to help establish baselines for upgrade or consolidation projects to ensure users do not overprovision or run out of server capacity.
- Virtual Capacity Forecasting: Dynamic forecasting of future capacity or storage so IT isn't blindsided by unexpected capacity needs. Easily see accurate forecasts of when virtual capacity will run out long before it pops up and bites you. Find users and business units who are over allocating or inefficiently using storage.
Follow uptime software on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/uptimesoftware
About uptime software
uptime software inc. is a privately held corporation founded in 2001 and headquartered in Toronto, Canada. up.time is "set it and forget it" systems management that won't break the bank, that provides complete, yet easy to use software for accurately monitoring, reporting and alerting on the performance and capacity of your datacenters and IT services.
Used by more than 900 midmarket and enterprise companies in 32 countries, up.time has helped increase IT performance, while consistently saving IT staff time and budget. uptime specializes in: datacenter server monitoring, virtual server monitoring, cloud monitoring, capacity planning, SLA monitoring and application monitoring, and more.
To learn more about uptime software, please visit us online at http://www.uptimesoftware.com
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: VMware, smart monitoring, capacity planning, systems management, virtualization, real-time monitoring, Applications, Storage, Security, Business Issues, Services, Software, Misc, Security, IT Management, Management, CTO/CIO, Unix, Unix, Linux, Canada, Toronto, Marketwire, Inc., , Business,