|Page (1) of 1 - 04/23/09||email article||print page|
uTest Starts 2009 Strong With 300 Percent Growth in Quarter-Over-Quarter RevenueLeader in Crowdsourced Software Testing Increases Customer Base, Grows QA Community and Expands Services in First Quarter (April 23, 2009)
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/23/09 -- uTest®, the world's largest software testing marketplace, today announced that it achieved a 300 percent increase in quarter-over-quarter revenues during the first quarter of 2009. Since launching in February 2008, uTest has created a buzz in the software industry with its community-driven testing services and a unique pay-for-performance model.
The company enables customers to get their web, desktop and mobile applications tested through a global community of QA professionals. uTest customers report increased application quality, faster time to market and dramatically reduced testing costs.
"The software industry has changed dramatically in the past 12 months, but we've been able to help our customers thrive in this environment," said Doron Reuveni, uTest CEO. "Our crowdsourced testing services are being adopted at an even faster rate than we expected and uTest looks forward to continuing our expansive growth during the rest of 2009."
During the first quarter, the company dramatically grew its marketplace, successfully adding new customers, partners and testers:
- Won 36 new customers, including innovative leaders such as Intuit, Authentium, Internet Brands and 1Cast, who adopted uTest to compliment their in-house QA efforts.
- Signed strategic partnerships with software testing leaders, AutomatedQA and Transition Consulting.
- Increased the uTest community of QA professionals by more than 3,000, to more than 16,000 testers in 153 countries worldwide.
Expanded Service Offering:
Additionally, uTest added several enhancements to its services offering, including:
- Vertical support to test gaming applications and mobile applications, including popular iPhone, Blackberry and Android applications
- Seamless integration with leading bug tracking systems, such as Rally Software Development's® Agile ALM solution
- Enhanced features allowing greater collaboration between testers and customers
- Added two new board members: Travis Connors, Partner at Egan-Managed Capital, and Peter Roberts, Partner at Longworth Venture Partners.
- Grew its team by 40 percent to enable the company to keep up with demand and further invest in its platform and community.
An online demo of uTest's services is available at http://www.utest.com/demo.
About uTest. Inc.
uTest is the world's largest marketplace for software testing services. The company provides real-world testing services through its community of 16,000+ professional testers from 153 countries around the world. More than 500 companies -- from web startups to global software leaders -- have signed up for the uTest marketplace to get their web, desktop and mobile applications tested. More information can be found at http://www.utest.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: uTest, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Internet Technology, Internet,