|Page (1) of 1 - 11/09/10||email article||print page|
uTest Announces Record Third Quarter Including 300% Revenue Growth Year-Over-YearCrowdsourced Testing Leader Secures $13 Million C Round; Records Best-Ever Quarter in Growing Customer Base; and Launches New Platform Functionality (November 09, 2010)
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/09/10 -- uTest, the world's largest software testing marketplace, today announced that it saw a 300 percent increase in year-over-year revenues in its recently-ended third quarter. During this period, uTest also closed a $13 million C Round of financing -- one of the largest investments ever made in a crowdsourcing company. In addition, as the tester community and customer base continue to expand rapidly, uTest also launched new functionality in its testing platform, including social sign-in, dynamic reporting and integrations with more bug tracking systems.
Customer, Community and Company Growth
During the third quarter of 2010, uTest grew its marketplace, and successfully:
- Signed more than 120 new customer deals, including innovative category leaders, such as The Associated Press, The BBC, The Container Store, Urbanspoon, Box.net and Liaise
- Raised a $13 million C Round of financing, led by Scale Venture Partners, bringing uTest's total funds raised to more than $20 million across three rounds since the end of 2007
- Acquired 2,500 new software testers, growing its community to 30,000+ professional testers from 168 countries
- Added Scale Venture Partners Managing Director Sharon Wienbar to its Board Of Directors
- Conducted the "Clash of the Career Sites," in which more than 500 testers from 22 countries discovered nearly 700 bugs in the web and mobile apps of Monster, CareerBuilder, SimplyHired and Indeed; see articles in TheNextWeb and TechTarget for details
New Features & Functionality
- Social Sign-In: Studies show that visitors connected through social media tend to engage more than non-connected visitors. To make it faster and easier for testers to access their uTest accounts, now any tester can log in to the uTest platform using their social media credentials from their Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn accounts.
- Integrations with More Bug Tracking Systems: Tight integration with a company's in-house systems is critical to minimizing overhead costs. Thus far, uTest has supported integration with Bugzilla, Jira, and Rally. This quarter, uTest added support for Mantis and Jira Studio, and improved support for Rally.
- New Attachment Viewer: Video and image attachments are critical to making bug reports easier for customers to understand and visualize. To make viewing attachments more efficient, uTest added a new attachment viewer that works within the platform. Now anyone can view video and image attachments with a single click.
- More Interactive Reports: Customers can now build their own dashboard with their favorite reports. uTest makes it even easier to focus on the reports that matter the most to customers; for example, they can now choose to view reports as either interactive charts or tables of hard data.
- More Precise Tester Selection: Making it easier to select testers for private test cycles ensures customers can more precisely match their web, desktop, and mobile app testing needs with the right members of the uTest global community. uTest now makes it easy to search for the right testers and handpick the best candidates.
"The market for mobile apps is exploding which is driving the need for rapid, real-world application testing," said Doron Reuveni, uTest CEO. "With iPhone, iPad, Android and BlackBerry apps vying for media attention and consumer dollars, launching high-quality apps is more critical than ever for companies of all sizes. Our third quarter results are a testament to the fact that we're enabling our customers to get their apps to market faster and for a fraction of the cost of traditional outsourced software testing companies."
About uTest, Inc.
uTest is the world's largest marketplace for software testing services. The company provides real-world testing services through its community of 30,000+ professional testers from 170 countries around the world. Thousands of companies -- from young startups to global software leaders -- have signed up for the uTest marketplace to get their web, desktop and mobile applications tested. More information can be found at www.utest.com or the Software Testing Blog at blog.utest.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: uTest, software testing, QA, crowdsourcing, mobile app testing, web app testing, funding, Scale Ventures, Marketwire, Inc.,Apple Computer,Internet Technology,