|Page (1) of 1 - 05/23/12||email article||print page|
techBASIC 2.2 Adds Powerful New Capabilities Making it the Ultimate Technical Computing Program for the iPhone/iPad(May 23, 2012)
Albuquerque, NM (PRWEB) May 23, 2012
techBASIC, from the ByteWorks, Inc., is a comprehensive software development environment for programming, data collection, displaying sophisticated interactive graphics, and analyzing data. The new capabilities added in techBASIC 2.2 give professionals and students access to powerful technical computing software that until now cost thousands of dollars, and was only available on desktop platforms.
techBASIC 2.2 includes new features for solving complex mathematical functions with ease and accuracy. They include:
- Numeric integration for calculus
- Fit curves to data with polynomial and linear regression
- Special functions for statistics
- Solve simultaneous equations with LU decomposition
- Numerically solve functions using zeros of functions
- Professional-grade random number generation for world-class simulations
Three new tutorial blogs on the Byte Works website let students and professionals concentrate on the problem at hand, not learning a new development environment:
- Using techBASIC as the ultimate power-users graphing calculator
- Fit lines and curves to data with linear regression
- Solve difficult integrals or check calculus homework with numeric integration
The foundational pieces of techBASIC that make it a powerful technical computing platform for collecting, analyzing and displaying data include:
- Access to the accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope and GPS heading and location
- Access to external sensors using HiJack
- A matrix-rich version of the BASIC programming language for writing programs and analyzing data
- Support for 2D and 3D interactive graphics
techBASIC continues to be an integral part of project based learning in the STEM classroom by helping students to:
- Understand physics from real data, like zero G on a swing
- Check calculus homework with fast, accurate numeric integration
- Quickly plot functions to understand coordinate systems
Many samples are included with techBASIC, and the Byte Works website includes a growing collection of projects, Quick Start Guides and a Reference Manual with dozens of complete working sample programs to benefit both new and experienced users.
techBASIC Requirements: iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 5 or later
Pricing and Availability techBASIC 2.2 is $14.99 (USD) and is available worldwide in the App Store Utilities category.
The Byte Works has been creating quality apps for people who think since 1982. Current directions include apps for scientific programming, calculators and astronomy programs for iOS. Past efforts include developing Apple Programmers Workshop and the award winning ORCA line of compilers for the Apple IIGS, the HyperLogo scripting language for HyperStudio, and MediaBlender, a multimedia authoring tool for education.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/5/prweb9529636.htm.
Related Keywords:education, adult education, further education, university, religious education, computer crime, education, adult education, further education, religious education, education, adult education, further education, religious education, synchronised technical routine, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), electronics, identification technology, agricultural research and technology, computer crime, software