|Page (1) of 1 - 02/06/12||email article||print page|
"Selling To The Generations Among Most Popular Presentations at Yacht Brokerage University(February 06, 2012)
Norfolk, VA (PRWEB) February 06, 2012
The January 24 Yacht Brokerage University. co-presented by YachtWorld.com, a Dominion Marine Media (DMM) business with the Internets largest worldwide database of brokerage boats, and the Florida Yacht Brokers Association (FYBA), drew 192 brokers to the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 in Ft. Lauderdale. The syllabus included the following presentations and moderated panels:
- State of the Industry. Ian Atkins, vice president and general manager, DMM, and Tim Claxton, director of group product development, DMM, provided a global review of the state of the marine industry and, more specifically, YachtWorld. They shared their insights into the future for consumers and businesses - from unit sales and valuations to a focused approach on consumer buying power. The presentation also provided insight into the leading technology due to launch in 2012. This included live demonstrations of the YachtWorld iPad app and the BoatWizard iPhone app.
- BoatWizard. Joe Lingerfelt, director of product support, DMM, demonstrated tools to enhance the user experience, including the new photo uploader, printing options and new enhancements, QR codes, and the Facebook inventory feed.
- Selling to the Generations. Shane Pierce, senior director of leadership development, Dominion Enterprises, revealed the different tactics needed to sell across multiple generations.
- Marketing in the Digital Age. Kim Rocco, consumer marketing manager, DMM, gave insights into consumers' mindsets: how they spend their time online, what their habits are, and how to engage them. Attendees were shown how to take the basic elements of digital marketing and advertising they already use and make the most of them to engage target audiences.
- Best Practices panel. Brokers and industry experts shared best practices and marketing initiatives that helped generate more sales in 2011. Panelists were:
Tim Derrico - HMY Yachts
Bobby Stotler - Stotler Yacht & Ship
Jason White YachtWorld.com
Paul Burgess - Sunseeker
Darren Plymate - Galati Yacht Sales
Frank DeVarona - Yachting Experts
- Industry Experts panel. Brokers and industry leaders shared their views on the current state of the brokerage market and the future of the industry. Panelists were:
Tim Claxton - YachtWorld.com
Ian Atkins YachtWorld.com
Steele Reeder - All Yacht Registries
Jeff Erdmann - Bollman Yachts
Vicky Bedford Bureau of Compliance
Danielle Butler - Shareholder at Fowler White Burnett PA
- IPhone App Testing Session.The YachtWorld.com technical team demonstrated iPhone apps.
Brokers clearly enjoyed and benefited from the University. Among their comments were, "Shane's presentation on selling to the generations was the most informative presentation of the day" and "Thank you for putting on these events. They provide a great deal of information for us brokers and keep us on top of what's new in the industry."
All CPYB brokers that attended the event will receive credits toward the CPYB program. The Ft. Lauderdale YBU marked the kickoff for the 2012 Yacht Brokerage University series, with additional YBU events to be held in various regions across the US.
About Dominion Marine Media
Dominion Marine Media (DMM) is the Internet partner of choice for the recreational marine industry and operates the three market leading web portals http://www.boats.com, http://www.yachtworld.com and http://www.boattrader.com. DMM is a division of Dominion Enterprises, a leading marketing services and publishing company, that provides businesses with a comprehensive suite of technology-based marketing solutions including Internet advertising, lead generation, CRM, website design and hosting and data management services. DMM has offices in North America (Norfolk, Virginia; Seattle, Washington; and Vancouver, British Columbia) as well as in Europe (United Kingdom and Italy). The company employs 150 people, has customers in 106 countries and advertises boats for sale in 193 countries. In 2010, over 38 million unique visitors spent time researching products on DMM web and mobile sites, apps and social media outlets. DMMs global reach includes 22 localized web portals which are translated into 13 languages.
About Florida Yacht Brokers Association
The Florida Yacht Brokers Association was created in 1987 to unite those engaged in the yacht brokerage business for the purpose of promoting professionalism and cooperation among its members, and to promote and maintain a high standard of conduct in the transaction of the yacht brokerage business. Each member is required to abide by a code of ethics to protect the public against fraud, misrepresentation, or unethical practices in the yacht brokerage profession. Each member is to endeavor to eliminate any practices which could be damaging to the public or the dignity and integrity of the yacht brokerage profession.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9170465.htm.
Related Keywords:economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, business (general), maritime accident, waterway and maritime transport, economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, online, marketing, business (general), computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, advertising, marketing, business (general), internet, consumer goods, consumer issue,