|Page (1) of 1 - 02/17/14||email article||print page|
"Developers AppKitBox-Remote TestKit" for Mobile App and Site Verification Showcased at Mobile World Congress, Free Trial Voucher Given to All Booth Visitors
TOKYO, Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- NTT Resonant Inc. will participate in the Mobile World Congress (*1) to be held from February 24, 2014, in Barcelona, Spain, showcasing its "Developers AppKitBox-Remote TestKit" (hereafter referred to as "Remote TestKit"; http://appkitbox.com/en/testkit), a cloud-based remote service for verifying smartphone apps and sites by using a variety of actual handsets and tablets lent out on a time-shared basis.
In its "Remote TestKit" booth at the congress, NTT Resonant will demonstrate a system boasting of the world's fastest screen transfer speed (*2). Moreover, the company will give all visitors to the booth a voucher each for accessing "Remote TestKit" for a 10-hour free trial.
1. Outline of "Remote TestKit" service
"Remote TestKit" is a cloud-based remote-control service for verifying smartphone apps and sites by using a variety of actual handsets and tablets lent out on a time-shared basis. Developers can rent out any number or model of handsets whenever necessary from the PC they regularly use for development, making it easier to do development and verification tasks.
- Compatible with over 200 models of Android and iOS smartphones and tablets for immediate use;
- Easy and timely access to rented handsets via the Internet;
- Comfortable verification environment, not much different from using an actual handset at hand, realized with proprietary technology for high-speed screen transfer;
- Genuine app and site verification quality realized with the use of actual smartphones and tablets and unmatched by any emulator;
- Auto test function for greatly improved verification efficiency; and
- No need for any special hardware, permitting a simple composition (servers, software, USB hubs and smartphones) and making it possible to use it in combination with various systems.
2. Outline of "Remote TestKit" exhibit at Mobile World Congress
In the "Remote TestKit" booth, a detailed explanation will be given on an automated testing system interlocked with Selenium WebDriver:
(1) Implementation of interactive automatic testing with the use of Selenium;
(2) Simultaneous capture and storage of site screens on multiple handsets; and
(3) Automatic preparation of a report on the results of verification. These make it possible to conduct the confirmation and verification of various website functions in an effective manner (to be made available soon with the Saas and Enterprise versions).
Visitors will be able to see for themselves the high performance of "Remote TestKit," including the world's fastest screen transmission speed (*2) and direct smartphone operations made possible by PC keyboard input as well as ADB
(*3) connection, unlike with the use of an emulator.
Exhibition: Mobile World Congress
Date: February 24 (Mon) - 27 (Thu), 2014
Place: Barcelona, Spain
Booth: Hall: App Planet - Hall 8.1 Stand: 8.1H70
3. Gift to booth visitors
To those who visit the "Remote TestKit" booth, a voucher (worth 9,000 yen, before tax) for using "Remote TestKit" for 10 hours free of charge will be presented.
* Company, service and product names mentioned herein are registered trademarks or trademarks of individual companies.
(*1) The world's largest mobile communication trade fair combining a mobile phone-related exhibition and a conference joined by top executives of mobile phone companies, device manufacturers and content providers.
(*2) Source: NTT Resonant as of February 17, 2014
(*3) ADB, or Android Debug Bridge, is one of the tools of an Android software development kit. ADB makes it possible to control an Android device connected to a PC via USB cable and other means for easy verification of a newly developed app.
NTT Resonant Inc.
NTT Resonant Inc.
SOURCE NTT Resonant Inc.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Digital Media Software, Computers/Home Office, Communications, Digital Toys, Apps, Tablets, Hard Drives & Storage, Handheld, Smart Phone, tablet, Tablet, Hardware, Software Development, Methodology, Tools, Testing, Performance, Computers/Peripherals, Input/Output, Notebook/Laptop/Tablets, iOS, Mac, Android, Inc., Science,