|Page (1) of 1 - 07/30/09||email article||print page|
jackassworld.com and MTV Launch Disturbingly Ingenious Prank ApplicationIdiots at jackass Create Ways for Fans to Prank Friends Using Facebook Connect (July 30, 2009)
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 07/30/09 -- jackassworld.com and MTV today announced a completely ridiculous yet amazingly innovative prank application that is available for free download and includes a Facebook Connect integration. The game, built on Adobe® AIR® technology, uses web functionality to allow users to pull stupid virtual pranks on their friends with help from the cast of jackass, each performing their own absurd stunts -- of the bodily functions kind.
Not-Suitable-For-Work (NSFW) Warning:
- jackassworld.com created the game using Adobe AIR and Facebook Connect to connect with fans beyond the jackassworld website and provide them with a highly entertaining and totally inappropriate way to interact with each other. And because jackassworld.com is committed to providing every fan with the ability to send your friends NSFW content, soon users will also be able to connect with friends from other social networks, such as MTV's Flux.
- Adobe AIR technology enables users to play the game with friends whether or not they are online and Facebook Connect technology allows the prank to operate whether they are on Facebook or off. After the application has been installed and friends mutually agree to prank each other, here's how it works: First, players choose a prank, like 'Pull My Finger' or 'Screen Sabotage,' and send it to a selected 'victim.' The prank will then take place right on the 'victim's' desktop screen.
- For professionals needing an added safety net, 'prank hours' can be designated and game controls allow pranks to only occur when the application is running. Additionally, depending on their amount of maturity, or rather immaturity, players can choose between 'prepubescent' and 'pubescent' pranks.
- Since the game is powered by Adobe AIR the same game code works on Windows, Mac and Linux machines, leaving no one who has downloaded the prank application safe from these stupid pranks.
- The jackassworld pranks application is available for free now and on Facebook at apps.facebook.com/jackassworldpranks/.
Attributed to Johnny Knoxville, star and co-creator of jackass
- "This naughty new application is a wonderfully rotten addition to jackassworld.com and is sure to be banned in schools and work places all over America. Wahoooo!!!"
jackassworld.com is the definitive place on the Interweb for you and your dumb little buddies to hang out, screw around, and keep in touch with all the stupid and silly things happening in the world of jackass and Dickhouse Entertainment (including Nitro Circus, Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory, Steve-O: Demise and Rise, and The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia). The website features daily updates consisting of all-new original video content, behind-the-scenes clips, photos, articles, interviews, farts, naughtiness, exclusive merchandise, live webcasts, nonsense, music, and total bullcrap from the jackass cast and crew, as well as an extensive archive of all the jackass, Wildboyz, and Nitro Circus television shows and specials with never-before-seen and previously unreleased material. Users are also able to join the jackassworld community and interact with the cast, crew, and other community members in previously unimaginable ways. Suck it.
MTV is the dynamic, vibrant experiment at the intersection of music, creativity and youth culture. For over 27 years, MTV has evolved, challenged the norm, and detonated boundaries -- giving each new generation a creative outlet and voice that entertains, informs and unites on every platform and screen. On-air, MTV is the number one rated full-day ad-supported cable network for P12-24. Online, MTV.com grew a healthy +9% from 1Q09, averaging 23.6M unique visitors for the second quarter of 2009. The site continues to grow video content streams, up significantly from 1Q09 by +15%, generating a whopping 262.2M streams in Q209, a +7% increase from the same time period last year. And MTV's successful sibling networks MTV2, mtvU and MTV Tr3s each deliver unprecedented customized content, super-serving music fans, college students and young American Latinos like no one else. MTV is part of MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Wanna know more? Come on in... www.mtvpress.com.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook Inc.
Video-Link Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1033064
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1032894
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1032900
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1032904
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: jackassworld.com; MTV, Unix, Mac, Linux, OS9, OSX, Marketwire, Inc., Television, Music, Internet Technology, Entertainment, Outdoor Sports, College Students, Other,