|Page (1) of 1 - 03/23/11||email article||print page|
[email protected] Version 7.0 Previews at SugarCON 2011(March 23, 2011)
Vancouver, BC (PRWEB) March 23, 2011
SugarCON is focused on SugarCRM software, upon which [email protected] was initially based. End-users and resellers attending SugarCON may preview the revolutionary capabilities of [email protected] 7.0 by booking a preview session on any day of the conference (see contact information below).
[email protected] 7.0, under development since November 2009, is the most significant [email protected] release since the initial release in January 2005. Expected to be available for general release in May 2011, version 7.0 is a major re-architecture of the [email protected] application.
The manner in which modules are defined is quite different in this new release. List views for each module, plus their Search and Mass Update panels, are built in a completely new manner, and look quite different as well. The same is true for the Detail views and Edit Views for each module. The Studio, Reporting and Workflows are significantly re-designed, adjusting to the new module structures.
Overall, goals for the [email protected] 7.0 release include:
- A more capable and robust studio - improving the ability to customize [email protected]'s more dynamic module screens, such as those with panels or fields that pop in and out depending on user actions.
- A superior architecture for future mobile access solutions that will be faster, support essentially all modules, and require less development effort.
- A more advanced architecture for third party developers that are building new modules. Modules may be created by making a set of definition files - one for each table definition, one for each layout (including listviews and filters), plus a generic listview config file and a generic module config file. Start by copying an existing module's definition files, then edit to suit.
- More comprehensive SugarCRM compatibility in the [email protected] web services API.
- Enhance user interface for list view Search filters, and Mass Update panels to improve usability, and reduce their screen footprint.
- More attractive field rendering in Edit & Detail views, with field type micro-icon visual cues, resulting in overall usability improvements.
- Simpler to code additional custom logic hooks.
- Easier to define form layouts in the Studio that will survive upgrades.
- More flexible Workflow engine that is more capable with custom fields.
- Ensure that standard fields and custom fields are equally well supported for their use in Reports, as Search filters, as Mass Update fields, for Auditing, and for display as List View columns.
The [email protected] 7.0 List View image illustrates the appearance of a new style list view screen and its Search filters and Mass Update controls. The Layout Editor image shows the new Studio layout editor, which operates in place within each module.
About [email protected]
[email protected] differs from conventional CRM products in that it offers key features that enable small and medium businesses to compete successfully with larger companies by capitalizing on their ability to communicate and react more quickly in response to client requests. For example, [email protected] allows customer-facing personnel to create quotes or invoices quickly for clients, and then synchronize them later into the familiar QuickBooks accounting system for tracking by administrative staff - combining a quick response with a responsible audit trail.
Clients often choose [email protected] if these issues are important to them:
- They want a CRM that also includes high quality order management capabilities - product catalog, quotes, sales orders, invoices, received payment allocation, AR balances, POs, Bills, Outgoing payment allocation, AP balances, shipping/receiving, multi-warehouse inventory.
- They want a free self-service portal and eStore, such as [email protected] offers.
- They need a comprehensive QuickBooks sync option.
- They prefer [email protected]'s low once-only license fee for On Premise Software Licenses.
- They enjoy the speed and responsiveness of [email protected] compared to other web-based CRMs.
- They are attracted to the best-in-class calendar and group calendaring capabilities within [email protected]
Pricing for [email protected] is simple compared to other CRM products. [email protected] software licenses are sold for a one-time fee of 210 Euros (about $285 US) per user, which includes specific software for mobile access ([email protected] Mobile) and the [email protected] Self-Service Portal with eStore (which provides clients with access to automated sales and service 24/7). Also included in the standard price are the [email protected] Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook, and [email protected] PBX software for integrated IP telephony solutions.
An online demo of [email protected] is available via their website. A 30-day free trial of the [email protected] Cloud-Hosted subscription service is also available. Customers may then decide to implement [email protected] as an On Premise Software License running on the customers own server or at their ISP, or as a Cloud-Hosted service.
About The Long Reach Corporation
The Long Reach Corp. specializes in software solutions that equip small- and medium-sized organizations with integrated online business information while improving their cost model and streamlining their internal business processes. The companys flagship product, [email protected], is a web-based Customer Relationship & Business Management (CRBM) system that blends best-of-breed CRM with extended business management features for Accounting, ERP and eCommerce. [email protected] provides Instant Business Information, Anywhere at every desk within an organization, or remotely via PC, Mac or handheld devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android and BlackBerry. The privately held company was founded in 1997 and is based in Vancouver, Canada.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/tlr/sugarcon/prweb8221806.htm.
Related Keywords:economy, business and finance,financial and business service,business enterprises,business (general),internet,computing and information technology,satellite technology,wireless technology,science and technology,technology (general),identification technology,agricultural research and technology,economy, business and finance,financial and business service,,business enterprises,business (general),finance (general),campaign finance,public finance,economy, business and finance,natural resources (general),financial and business service,business enterprises,business (general),natural resources,land resources,energy resources,