|Page (1) of 1 - 09/20/05||email article||print page|
e frontier Announces Shade 8Powerful 3D design software aids architects, product designers and character modelers (September 20, 2005)
e frontier, formerly Curious Labs, publishers of the popular graphic design software Poser announced today that they have released the electronic download of Shade 8, a new version of its very powerful 3D modeling and rendering software. Shade 8 features network rendering, stronger modeling tools including polygon mesh editing, better integration with Poser, a new Toon renderer, faster Radiosity calculation and an improved Callisto renderer. Shade 8 boxed versions are planned to be available within a week.
Shade imports many popular CAD formats to create sophisticated high-end renderings. The software has been a long-time market leader in Japan for over 20 years with over 200,000 users and over 70% market share in the character modeling, product design and architectural design markets.
Shade 8 is designed for the following three markets:
1. Architectural and Interior Design
Architects and Interior Designers will appreciate the lighting, shading and easy accurate dimensions that can be used for quick prototype architectural designs and renderings. Using the huge library of architectural objects or imported files from popular CAD programs, architects and interior designers can build projects and render them with speed and realism.
2. Product Design and Visualization
Development of product designs are easily created. Shade uses Boolean or Bezier modeling and mesh editing to create the exact shapes needed for projects and visualizations. The animation features help to preview functioning products ?in motion for high-impact presentations.
3. Character Modeling and Rendering
Shade is an excellent tool for creating character models. It also works with Poser. Shade links directly to Poser for importing and exporting figures and poses. Poser users can use Shade to modify models, create props or render images with unlimited size (professional version).
Shade 8 Feature Highlights Include:
* Boolean and Bezier modeling, Polygon mesh modeling and auto-smoothing of curves to detail projects.
* Global Illumination Renderer includes Photon Mapping, Path Tracing, Raytracing and ?Radiosity with physics for photo realistic imagery. Callisto, the rendering plug-in with global illumination and detailed settings, has been upgraded. A translucent shader and metallic shader have been added, and aberration is now supported.
* Introducing ShadeGrid, for improved network rendering. Network rendering and render queue with support for unlimited number of computers (professional version) or one additional computer (standard version). Shade is able to automatically search all available ShadeGrid servers that are running on the same local area network, display the IP addresses in the preference dialog, and put them to work rendering your file.
* Supports pixel depth in 32-bits, 64-bits and 128-bits for all rendering image output.
* PoserFusion 2, enables, hosts and playbacks Poser scenes within Shade.
* OBJ, IGES5.3, DXF format support for integration into a CAD-based environment.
* 100 levels of Undo and Redo. ShadeExplorer U.I. improved with instant file preview and added keyboard control.
* Shade integrates with Poser, ArchiCAD, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as other 2D, 3D and CAD applications.
* Over 5000 3D objects available via download! Free limited figures Fei-Fei and Terai Yuki  are included with more than 300 3D objects in the standard version, and 1700 + objects available in the professional version. More content is available via ContentParadise.com.
?Without Shade, images would be impossible to realize in such a short time. The program is rich in features and easy to use to make realistic images.
Shade 8 artist and BETA tester, Jürgen Schulz, who won the prestigious German Animago Award with a Shade illustration.
Pricing and Availability
Two versions of Shade 8 are available to suit different users needs:
Shade 8 standard - $199.99 (USD)
* 3D graphics suite for architects, designers, illustrators and graphic artists.
* Special Pricing - Through Oct 15, 2005, English version Poser users can purchase Shade 8 standard for $99.99 (USD). Regular price will be $149.99 (USD) after Oct 15.
* English version Shade 7 designer LE, standard and professional users can also upgrade to Shade 8 standard for $99.99 (USD).
Shade 8 professional - $899.99 (USD)
* Advanced modeling, lighting and rendering tools for architecture and design professionals.
* English version Shade 7 professional users can upgrade for $399.99 (USD).
Purchases of Shade 7 made after Aug 1, 05 are eligible for a free electronic upgrade to Shade 8.
 Fei-Fei and Terai Yuki characters are ?read only files.
Shade 8 website: www.e-frontier.com/go/shade.
About e frontier America, Inc.
e frontier America, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of e frontier Inc., designs, develops, and publishes CG software tools for artists, illustrators, designers, and animators. The company is headquartered in Scotts Valley, California.
For more information, go to www.e-frontier.com or call 831-480-2000.
About e frontier, Inc.
e frontier, Inc., and its subsidiary companies develop and publish a diverse range of software products worldwide, produce quality CG contents, and publish software-related books and magazines. The company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
For more information, go to www.e-frontier.co.jp.
Related Keywords:e frontier, Shade 8, 3D design, character modelers, Poser, 3D modeling, rendering, Radiosity, Callisto, ShadeGrid, PoserFusion 2,