|Page (1) of 1 - 11/15/04||email article||print page|
auto*des*sys Announces form*Z Award Winnersform*Z - University Joint Study awards go to deserving students (November 15, 2004)
auto*des*sys, Inc. is very pleased to announce the recipients of the annual Joint Study awards to deserving students from around the world. "Just back from Cambridge and Toronto, Canada where the 12th annual form*Z Joint Study Awards were presented at a dinner hosted by auto*des*sys during the ACADIA (Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture) Conference, we are delighted to share the results of the this year's academic awards" said Chris Yessios, president of auto*des*sys. The awardees receive a User License of form*Z RadioZity.
auto*des*sys has established the form*Z - University Joint Study Program to support the education of students in 3D modeling at universities world wide. This program currently involves about 300 universities that use form*Z to teach three dimensional Architectural Design, Urban Design, Product and Industrial Design, Visualization and Illustration. At the end of each academic year, auto*des*sys collects the projects created by the students who learn three-dimensional design using form*Z and nominations are accepted from their schools for awards. A jury is selected to judge the nominated projects and the results are printed in the annual Joint Study Report, aptly subtitled "Partnerships in Learning". The jury consists of both academicians and professionals who receive the projects to be judged without names or school affiliations.
The recipients of the Awards of Distinction this year are:
* Architectural Design: Don Rushton, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
* Interior Design: Jay Axe and Mike Hemme, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
* Product and Industrial Design: Nami Nakasaki, Tama Art University, Tokyo, Japan
* Visualizaton: Peter McMullen, Blackpool and the Fylde College, Blackpool, UK
* Animation: Ian Peters, Blackpool and the Fylde College, Blackpool, UK
* High School Projects: Bayan Bennett, International School Bangkok, Thailand
The selection of the awards was made by five jurors outside of auto*des*sys, all experts or theorists of computer aided design. They are listed below, in alphabetical order.
* Sara Ferris, Editor-in-Cheif, Cadalyst, Eugene, Oregon
* Lachmi Khemlani, Editor-in-Chief, AECbytes, Fremont, California
* Christopher D. Lund, Industrial Artist, Lafayette, Colorado
* Thomas Seebohm, Professor, Universtity of Waterloo, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
* Pierluigi Serraino, Architect, Berkeley, California
The projects and more details about this year's winners may be seen at http://www.formz.com/Joint_Study.html. The awards will be published in the Joint Study Report which will also include many of the projects that were submitted from schools that belong to the Joint Study Program.
auto*des*sys, Inc. (automated design systems) is a privately held company. It started informally in January 1989 and was incorporated in January 1990. It is headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, USA.
auto*des*sys was founded by Chris Yessios, PhD, and David Kropp, who continue to be the company's President/CEO and Senior Vice President for Development, respectively.
For additional information please visit www.formz.com.
Related Keywords:auto*des*sys, form*Z, University Joint Study, ACADIA, Chris Yessios, form*Z - University Joint Study Program, 3D modeling, Visualization, Joint Study Report, Partnerships in Learning, Don Rushton, Jay Axe, Mike Hemme, Nami Nakasaki, Peter McMullen, Ian Peters, Bayan Bennett, Sara Ferris, Lachmi Khemlani, Christopher D. Lund, Thomas Seebohm, Pierluigi Serraino, automated design systems, David Kropp,