|Page (1) of 1 - 11/01/11||email article||print page|
ZyXEL Announces Availability of Cloud-Managed Access Points, Offers Free Device With Cloud-Management Service PurchaseEnterprise-Grade Wireless-N Access Point Enables Affordable Cloud-Management Option for SMBs, Plus Recurring Revenue Opportunities for Solution Providers (November 01, 2011)
ANAHEIM, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/01/11 -- ZyXEL Communications Inc., a leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet connectivity and routing products, today announced the availability of its cloud-enabled access point, NWA1100N-CE, and an exclusive promotion with PC Connection. Customers who purchase a three-year cloud-management service for $299 at PC Connection will receive the NWA1100N-CE at no additional cost. The NWA1100N-CE is the first access point to offer the dual-management option of being controlled either via via local user interface or remotely through cloud services. ZyXEL also offers all NWA1100N-CE customers a free one-month trial of the cloud-management service.
"The NWA1100N-CE provides small and mid-sized businesses the perfect blend of business-class wireless hardware with the convenience of cloud-management capabilities," said Steven Joe, executive vice president of channel business for Americas at ZyXEL.
According to AMI Partners, SMBs will spend nearly $100 billion by 2014 on cloud computing(1). The cloud offers SMBs numerous benefits, including: pooled resources for lower cost per user; on-demand access to services; the ability to centralize and simplify management; and constant access to resources. The NWA1100N-CE offers these cloud-management advantages at an attractive price point. In addition, the solution offers recurring revenue opportunities for managed services providers (MSPs) that serve the SMB market. The NWA1100N-CE empowers MSPs to efficiently administer multiple customers' Wi-Fi networks remotely and in real time, thereby improving their efficiency, while expanding their managed services to include Wi-Fi.
The NWA1100N-CE leverages PowerCloud Systems' patented CloudCommand technology. Designed to meet the specific needs and budgets of the SMB market, CloudCommand delivers comprehensive cloud capabilities to networking devices and provides the NWA1100N-CE with enterprise-level features and management functionality -- for a fraction of the cost of a traditional enterprise solution. ZyXEL's cloud service offers businesses and MSPs several enhancements including the ability to:
- Create a single virtual wireless network across multiple different locations. Employees can access a network at any location without changing client settings. Companies can enforce uniform access rules and policies for their entire business from a single point.
- Deploy networks in minutes using automatic self-configuration features, and easily expand their wireless network as their business grows.
- Remotely manage multiple networks in real-time from anywhere via a browser-based, easy-to-read dashboard. Administrators can perform all management activities remotely, upgrade all APs with a single click and receive real-time alerts to emails and cell phones, simplifying operations for businesses and MSPs.
- Deliver enhanced network security and management with patented, two-factor Individual Device Authentication (IDA) that empowers administrators to identify and secure connecting devices individually. With IDA, administrators can add or remove individual users from a network without disrupting network settings.
Availability and Pricing
The NWA1100N-CE is available from all authorized ZyXEL resellers and e-commerce partners. MSRP for the NWA1100N-CE is $159 and a one-year subscription for cloud-management service has an MSRP of $129. The NWA1100N-CE can also operate as a stand-alone device without the cloud-management service.
About ZyXEL Communications
ZyXEL offers a high-performance, carrier-grade suite of access and security solutions. Through our partner alliances, we provide businesses with complete solutions and seamless support. With expertise in diverse technologies like wireless, security, Powerline, Ethernet and xDSL, ZyXEL offers integrated, secure network solutions to SMB, SOHO, residential and service provider markets.
In addition, ZyXEL's North American Channel Program offers industry-leading incentives with its full line of products. ZyXEL's North American headquarters are located in Anaheim, California. http://www.us.zyxel.com.
About PowerCloud Systems
PowerCloud Systems is the leading software platform provider for enabling Networking as a Service (NaaS). Its CloudCommand technology provides OEMs and service providers with the quickest, most powerful and cost-effective path for adding comprehensive cloud capabilities to their new and existing networking equipment. Based in Palo Alto, Calif., PowerCloud Systems is a spin-out from PARC that is funded by PARC, Walden Venture Capital and Javelin Venture Partners. For more information, visit www.powercloudsystems.com.
(1) CRN: 'SMB cloud spending to approach $100 billion by 2014,' Andrew Hickey, August 12, 2010 http://www.crn.com/news/cloud/226700149/smb-cloud-spending-to-approach-100-billion-by-2014.htm?itc=refresh
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1784482
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: ZyXEL, Steven Joe, cloud-enabled access point, networking, remote management, cloud Wi-Fi, SMB cloud, Internet,Broadband,Digital Media Software,Communications,WiFi,Web,Cell phone,Home Networks,Security,EMail,Office Equipment,Phones,Security,Networking,Internet,Business Issues,Hardware,Authentication,Authentication,Connectivity,Wireless,Ethernet,Security,Management,Marketwire, Inc., ,IT (Information Technology),Networking,Security,Internet Technology,Business,Internet,Email,