|Page (1) of 1 - 05/07/12||email article||print page|
Zuora Partners With Citrix to Power Metering, Pricing and Billing for Citrix CloudPortal Services Manager(TM)Zuora Z-Commerce for the Cloud Enables Citrix Service Providers With a Subscription Billing Solution Built for Cloud Commerce (May 07, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/07/12 -- Citrix Summit
- Zuora, the billing and commerce leader for the Subscription Economy, today announced a partnership with Citrix to extend the capabilities of CloudPortal Services Manager. Together, Zuora and Citrix empower today's cloud providers with an integrated ability to build, deliver and monetize new cloud app and desktop services.
- Every cloud provider must be able to streamline the front-end provisioning of their entire portfolio of services, and accurately meter and bill for those services on the backend. This requires a smooth hand-off between business operations systems. The partnership between Zuora and Citrix enables this frictionless integration so cloud providers can easily deliver and monetize their services.
- Citrix CloudPortal allows cloud providers and their customers to quickly and easily provision new apps, desktops and other services from a simple to use, all-in-one web console. Meanwhile, Zuora's industry leading Z-Commerce for the Cloud solution will integrate seamlessly with CloudPortal Services Manager to provide a powerful billing and payment platform that allows cloud service providers to quickly monetize and grow their cloud services.
- Zuora President, Shawn Price, will be presenting more about this partnership at an exclusive event for Citrix Service Providers attending the Citrix Summit on the morning of Tuesday, May 8th at the Westin San Francisco Market Street.
Enabling the Cloud Computing Business Model
- Businesses want to leverage cloud solutions to reduce operating costs, boost efficiency, and meet the demands of their users. This transition to cloud computing is fueling a massive build out of cloud infrastructure; industry analyst firm IDC projects worldwide revenues from public IT cloud services to reach approximately $73 billion in 2015.
- As a result, today's service providers are evolving to offer cloud-based solutions that meet a wide range of needs, from line-of-business apps to legacy custom apps to core productivity apps. These might be delivered directly to the customer, or via one or more tiers of resellers. CloudPortal Services Manager is specifically designed to provide a platform for a broad portfolio of services and multiple tiers of delivery. With CloudPortal Services Manager, cloud providers can:
- Reduce their operating costs with a simple interface for quickly provisioning apps, data and desktop services
- Scale efficiently with automated multi-tenant workflows and subscriber management tools that are purpose-built for cloud providers
- Empower their customers with self-service control via an easy to use interface for obtaining cloud services on demand
Monetizing New Cloud Solutions
- Zuora Z-Commerce for the Cloud provides a perfect complement to CloudPortal by delivering an integrated way to ensure that service providers can monetize their broad portfolio of application and desktop services and offer them through resellers in a variety of prices, promotions and packages.
- The Zuora solution is built in the cloud, for the cloud, giving service providers flexible scalability in the form of a configurable, cloud-based billing engine. Rather than spend months building and integrating a billing solution, service providers can simply connect Citrix CloudPortal to Zuora Z-Commerce.
Commentary on the News
- Systems Solution Inc (SSI): "Connecting these industry-leading solutions from Citrix and Zuora enables us to fully monetize our cloud services like MySecureCloud and Matterpoint by capturing growth through efficient service provisioning with seamless and accurate billing," says Rich Wein, CEO from SSI. "Cloud service providers want cloud solutions that deliver the same value that we sell to our customers -- flexibility, rapid deployment, and greater cost efficiency."
- Citrix: "To be successful, cloud providers must be able to automatically and easily provision new accounts, empower customers with self-service, and then bill them for what they used," said Bill Burley, Vice President and General Manager of the Cloud App Delivery group at Citrix. "Service providers could struggle endlessly trying to build these capabilities on their own -- or they could use Citrix CloudPortal with Zuora's Z-Commerce for the Cloud and leverage the integration developed via our partnership. Our Citrix Service Providers are always asking us to help them be more operationally efficient so they can improve their margins -- partnering with Zuora is one of the ways we can accomplish that."
- Zuora: "There's an intense battle among service providers to deliver differentiated, value-added app and desktop services from the cloud -- services that businesses depend on," said Shawn Price, President at Zuora. "Together, Citrix's comprehensive cloud platform and Zuora's subscription billing platform combine the power of two industry leaders to empower and accelerate the growth of service providers."
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is the global leader in subscription commerce and billing, helping companies in every industry transition to the Subscription Economy. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies alike use Zuora's multi-tenant cloud platform to launch, scale, and monetize their subscription services. Zuora's applications work where traditional ERP applications fail: Subscription pricing, quoting, orders, billing, payments, and renewals. Built from the ground up by SaaS industry veterans from salesforce.com, PayPal, and Netsuite, Zuora services innovative customers like Informatica, Tata Communications, Box.net, Ning, GigaOm, Xplornet, Ustream and Reed Business Information. To learn more about Zuora, please visit www.zuora.com.
Reidy Communications for Zuora
Email: Email Contact
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Zuora, Subscription Billing, Cloud Billing , IaaS, SaaS Billing, Cloud Computing, Marketwire, , Internet Technology, Business, Other,