|Page (1) of 1 - 06/06/12||email article||print page|
Zuora Names CA Executive, Brian Bell, as Chief Marketing OfficerLeader of CA's Transition to the Subscription Economy to Help Zuora Harness the Massive Subscription Economy Market Opportunity (June 06, 2012)
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/06/12 --
- Zuora, the subscription commerce and billing leader, today announced that it is continuing to grow its executive management team with the addition of Brian Bell as Chief Marketing Officer.
- Bell is a veteran of building market enterprise software leaders and brings years of enterprise experience and expertise to Zuora. Bell has defined some of the industry's largest software categories and moved industry giant CA to the Subscription Economy, one of the first enterprises to make this groundbreaking shift, with its Clarity business line.
- As CMO of Zuora, Bell will oversee all of Zuora's global marketing strategy, encompassing solutions, customer and field marketing as well as branding and communications.
Marketing, Messaging Leadership Experience
- Prior to joining Zuora, Bell was General Manager of the Service and Portfolio Management customer solution unit at CA Technologies, including the market-leading CA service management, asset management, and CA Clarity project and portfolio management (PPM) solution families. During this time, Bell transitioned CA from a traditional product sales and licensing to a recurring revenue business model, providing him with the unique perspective to help Zuora customers that are making the shift to the Subscription Economy.
- Before joining CA, Bell was Vice President of Solutions Marketing at BMC Software, where he was the marketing leader behind the Business Service Management vision and strategy launched by BMC that fundamentally changed the enterprise IT management landscape from one focused on point products to one focused on selling solutions to CIOs that aligned technology directly to the business services.
- Earlier, Bell led worldwide marketing at Remedy, where he was responsible for building a marketing organization that helped to establish Remedy as the market leading IT Service Management solution, which was acquired by BMC in 2002. His role included managing product marketing, partner marketing, and integrated marketing and communications. Bell also spent several years with Boston Consulting Group (BCG), and has held business development and product management positions at Extricity, a business-to-business integration software vendor, and Kao Corporation, a leading Japanese consumer products company.
- "I have first-hand experience with the power of the Subscription Economy opportunity, and I recognize how vital Zuora is as more companies shift to recurring revenue models," Bell said. "The Subscription Economy is the future, and I look forward to joining Zuora and helping lead the charge, as everyone from emerging businesses to enterprises transform to the subscription business model."
- "To continue to innovate and drive our leadership position, Zuora is committed to putting the best brains in the industry to work for the Subscription Economy cause," said Tien Tzuo, CEO, Zuora. "With the addition of Brian, we are doing just that; adding a leader with unmatched experience and knowledge to help Zuora and its customers drive success in the Subscription Economy."
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is the global leader in subscription commerce and billing, helping companies in every industry transition to the Subscription Economy. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies alike use Zuora's multi-tenant cloud platform to launch, scale, and monetize their subscription services. Zuora's applications work where traditional ERP applications fail: Subscription pricing, quoting, orders, billing, payments, and renewals. Built from the ground up by SaaS industry veterans from salesforce.com, PayPal, and Netsuite, Zuora services innovative customers like Informatica, Tata Communications, Box.net, Ning, GigaOm, Xplornet, Ustream and Reed Business Information. To learn more about Zuora, please visit www.zuora.com.
Reidy Communications for Zuora
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Zuora, Subscription Billing, Cloud Billing , IaaS, SaaS Billing, Cloud Computing, Marketwire,Business Services,Business,