|Page (1) of 1 - 11/03/11||email article||print page|
Zoosk Launches App for iPad -- Becomes Most-Downloaded Dating App Within First Week(November 03, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/03/11 -- Zoosk, the social dating network, today announced the release of its new Zoosk® application for iPad®. The Zoosk app for iPad, which debuted last week in the iTunes® App Store(SM) to coincide with Zoosk's fourth birthday, has already ranked among the top 20 apps in the U.S. Social Networking category on the iTunes App Store, above all other dating apps.
Zoosk's app for iPad adds to its growing suite of dating products that help users seamlessly connect with singles in their area, including its applications for Facebook, iPhone®, and Android, as well as its website and downloadable desktop Zoosk Messenger client. Like all of Zoosk's dating applications, the Zoosk app for iPad is available in 25 languages to provide a localized dating experience for Zooskers around the world. Users who download the app will find Zoosk's social dating functionality optimized for the iPad, including features such as:
1. Searching and finding matches with the swipe of a finger
2. Easily importing photos and Likes from Facebook
3. Browsing profiles and viewing enlarged photos quickly and easily
4. Sending messages and flirts to potential dates with a single tap
Since announcing it had more than doubled its sales in one year and surpassed $90 million annual sales run rate, earlier in 2011, Zoosk has continued to invest heavily in product development and enhance the dating experience for its users. Some of its major 2011 product rollouts include:
- Web Chat - Zoosk now allows subscribers to chat in real-time across its website, mobile and social applications, as well as its Zoosk Messenger desktop client. Zoosk Messenger has been downloaded more than six million times since its launch one year ago.
- Video Chat - the company recently introduced real-time video chat for subscribers using its downloadable Zoosk Messenger product.
- Compatibility - Zoosk users can now answer a series of questions to determine their potential compatibility with other Zooskers. On average, Zoosk users answer more than 10,000 compatibility questions every day.
- Mobile App Evolution - Zoosk has continued to roll out new versions of its popular applications for iPhone and Android based on user feedback, including recent updates to allow faster landscape browsing of profiles. Zoosk's mobile applications have been downloaded more than 2.5 million times to date.
- Popularity Ratings and Profile Boosts - Zoosk introduced this game mechanism to increase user interaction and encourage the use of Zoosk Coins, its virtual currency.
- Search Algorithm Updates - Zoosk has made a series of updates to its search algorithm, improving the chances for members to find each other and helping to increase message replies by 133% from one year ago.
"As a technology company at heart, Zoosk has successfully applied the latest social and mobile web technologies to help singles around the world connect and interact in more ways along their dating journey," says Shayan Zadeh, co-founder and co-CEO of Zoosk. "We're proud of our slick new app for iPad because it's designed to be as intuitive as possible and let nothing stand in the way of user interaction."
The Zoosk team has more than doubled in size over the last 18 months to more than 100 employees. As part of its recruitment effort to find top Bay Area talent, Zoosk recently ran a recruitment campaign for engineers to 'Find a Job, Get a Date' where one lucky engineering hire could go on a dream date with one of the stars of Zoosk's TV commercials. The campaign ran across Zoosk's social media properties, including its Facebook Fan page, which, with its more than six million Likes, is a top 50 brand page (source: Fan Page List).
Zoosk is the social dating network with millions of singles from around the globe using the service each month. Zoosk provides a fun and social online dating experience that users can easily access from Zoosk's website, social networking applications, mobile services, and downloadable desktop application. Zoosk is available in 25 languages and has subscribers in more than 70 countries. The service enables users to join, browse, and send a limited number of messages for free. Zoosk users can upgrade to a premium subscription for full access or purchase virtual currency to buy select features and virtual gifts. Founded in 2007 by Shayan Zadeh and Alex Mehr, the company is based in San Francisco and backed by Canaan Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and ATA Ventures.
Zoosk, Zoosk Messenger and the Zoosk logo are trademarks or service marks of Zoosk, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks or names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
iPad, iPhone, iTunes and App Store are trademarks or service marks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Online Dating, iPad App, iPhone App, Sales, Applications, Sales & Marketing, Networking, Internet, Business Issues, Social Media, Search, Internet Server Applications, Search Engines, Search Servers, Sales, Sales, Broadcast, Broadcast Technology, Production/Post, Commercials, USA, Marketwire, Inc., , Apple Computer, Television, Internet Technology, Biology, Social Networking, Other,