|Page (1) of 1 - 12/09/11||email article||print page|
Zite Brings Personalized News to the iPhoneThe Smartest Way to Discover News Now Available on Both the iPad and the iPhone (December 09, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/09/11 --
Core News Facts:
- Zite, a personalized news app first developed for the iPad, today announced its availability on its next platform, the iPhone.
- Zite is the best way to read news on the iPhone because it is powered by the same personalization technology as Zite for the iPad. The Zite app allows you to find what's interesting across thousands of topics and to personalize news to your tastes and interests.
- Zite's free iPhone app, available at http://zite.to/getzite, offers the same easy-to-read and sleek interface as Zite on the iPad but is optimized for a smaller device. With Zite you can:
- Scan through your personalized magazine quickly, using Zite's Section Carousel or by swiping from left-to-right through your sections.
- Pick exactly the kinds of information you want to receive from thousands of categories.
- Share stories with your friends through e-mail, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter sharing.
- Zite learns from both explicit (e.g., thumbs-up/thumbs-down) and implicit (e.g., what stories you click on) feedback to get smarter as you use it so it can deliver news that matches your tastes and interests.
- Current users of Zite's iPad app who have an iPhone will be able to use their profiles on either device. By using functionality debuted in Zite's "Sybil" release, a user can save their profile and access it on either device.
- For users of both the iPad and the iPhone, the experience is complementary: use Zite on your iPhone when you only have a few minutes to check stories, and Zite on your iPad when you have more time to relax and read.
- For people who don't have an iPad, Zite for the iPhone is the first time this powerful personalization technology will be available for iPhone users.
Mark Johnson, CEO, Zite
"Personalization is key to news discovery. But, as soon as you have personalization on one device, you want your personalization to become ubiquitous. The iPhone is the next logical device for Zite and it brings us closer to our goal over the next year to bring Zite to all major platforms."
"Since being acquired by CNN in August, we've released several updates to the iPad, hired key employees and now released Zite for the iPhone. We'll continue to accelerate on our key priorities -- better personalization, Zite on all devices and improvements to the iPad -- over the next 12 months."
Zite is a free, personalized iPad and iPhone magazine that understands what you like and gets smarter as you use it. Zite helps you discover what you've been missing in one convenient app. Zite learns as you use it to bring you the articles you will find most interesting from a variety of sources across the web. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Vancouver, British Columbia; Zite is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CNN. To get to know Zite, go to www.zite.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1826926
Inner Circle Labs for Zite
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Zite, Marketwire, , Apple Computer, Internet Technology,