|Page (1) of 1 - 04/04/12||email article||print page|
Zite Announces the Zite Publisher ProgramBleacher Report, CNN, The Daily Beast, FOX Sports, HLNtv, The Huffington Post, Motley Fool, The Next Web and VentureBeat Now Available as Sections Within Zite (April 04, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/04/12 --
Core News Facts:
- Zite, a personalized news reading app for the iPad, iPhone and now Android Phone, today announced the Zite Publisher Program with the following launch partners: Bleacher Report, CNN, The Daily Beast, FOX Sports, HLNtv, The Huffington Post, Motley Fool, The Next Web and VentureBeat.
- The Zite Publisher Program includes the following elements:
- Algorithmically-curated publisher sections - each partner publisher's content is featured within its own section of the app, surfacing the best articles from that publisher, personalized to each reader's unique tastes and interests using Zite's algorithm.
- Optimized mobile reading experience - partner sections and articles are laid out in a fast, clean interface that preserves the publisher's unique look and feel.
- Upsell opportunities - an optional house ad located at the bottom of an article gives users the opportunity to discover the publisher's mobile apps or subscription services.
- With the Zite Publisher Program, publishers not only drive additional article views by having their own section, but they also encourage readers to download their apps or subscribe to their digital publication at the best possible point: after they read a great piece of content.
- Publishers benefit from Zite's optimized mobile reading experience, which has stronger user engagement than Web pages for key article features, such as social sharing.
- Publisher sections built on Zite's personalization technology produce a unique view of a publisher's content that can't be replicated anywhere else.
- All participating publishers receive regular analytics and reporting to understand how their sections are performing in Zite.
- Zite is working with some of the most well respected and popular publishers in some of its most popular topic areas. The company will be growing the Zite Publisher Program over the coming months to include additional well-known publishers in areas including technology, business, entertainment, news, sports and lifestyle.
- For more information about the Zite Publisher Program, please visit http://zite.com/publishers/.
Mark Johnson, CEO, Zite
"For a little over a year now, Zite has been changing the way people discover content. With the launch of the Zite Publisher Program, we're giving publishers a way to harness the power of discovery to gain more readers. We look forward to continuing to work with publishers to innovate on the traditional publisher-aggregator relationship."
Martin Stoddart, VP of Business Development, Zite
"Zite's collaboration with the group of innovative publishers joining us today is yet another example of publishers embracing the unique opportunities of the mobile word, especially tablets. In the coming months, we're looking to grow the program with a focus on premium publications with extensive editorial content to match each of our major topic areas."
Zite is a free, personalized magazine that understands what you like and gets smarter as you use it. Zite helps you discover what you've been missing in one convenient app, available on iPad, iPhone and Android. Zite learns as you use it to bring you the articles you will find most interesting from a variety of sources across the Web. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Vancouver, British Columbia, Zite is wholly-owned subsidiary of CNN. To get to know Zite, go to www.zite.com.
Inner Circle Labs for Zite
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Zite, Marketwire, , Apple Computer, Sports, Lifestyle, Internet Technology, Business, Entertainment, Sports,