|Page (1) of 1 - 07/23/12||email article||print page|
Zite Adds Additional Publishers to Three-Month Old Publisher ProgramChicago Tribune, Cult of Mac, Entrepreneur, Hearst Magazines Digital Media, International Business Times, Los Angeles Times and IDG's Macworld, PC World and TechHive Now Available as Sections Within Zite (July 23, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/23/12 --
Core News Facts:
- Zite, a personalized news reading app for mobile devices, today announced a new set of publishers joining the Zite Publisher Program, including: Chicago Tribune, Cult of Mac, Entrepreneur, Hearst Magazines Digital Media, International Business Times, Los Angeles Times, and IDG's Macworld, PC World and TechHive.
- In three months, Zite has grown its Publisher Program to include some of the most well-known newspapers, as well as popular business technology and lifestyle publications. With the current expansion the program has also grown to include some of the largest traditional media publishers.
- Publisher sections present readers with select articles from that outlet, personalized to his/her unique tastes and interests, using the Zite algorithm.
- For publishers, the Zite Publisher Program:
- Drives additional visibility of their content to a highly-engaged audience through a dedicated section.
- Encourages readers to download the publisher-specific apps and/or subscribe to their digital publication after they get to know their great content.
- Offers access to unique business insights and data culled through their participation.
- These new publishers join the ranks of the publishers named in Zite's inaugural Publisher Program news which are Bleacher Report, CNN, The Daily Beast, FOX Sports, HLNtv, The Huffington Post, Motley Fool, The Next Web and VentureBeat.
- For more information and to sign up to participate in the Zite Publisher Program, please visit http://zite.com/publishers/.
Martin Stoddart, VP of Business Development, Zite
"The market is evolving and we're talking to more and more publishers who are embracing the change. We're excited to work with our current and future publisher partners to further improve their opportunities on the Zite platform."
Brian Madden, Executive Director of Social Media, Hearst Digital Media
"We've seen incredible growth in both social and mobile. We are excited to provide more tailored content from Harper's Bazaar with a new, branded section available on Zite that our users can follow. Reaching new users and delivering the right content based on what users engage with is key to Hearst Digital Media's social strategy."
Emily Smith, Senior Vice President, Digital, Los Angeles Times
"The Los Angeles Times on Zite will feature our distinct local, national, foreign and business news, making a selection of Times coverage easily discoverable for the rapidly growing mobile audience. We're looking forward to the continued expansion of our digital portfolio and to connecting with new readers with Zite."
Zite is a free, personalized magazine that understands what you like and gets smarter as you use it. Zite helps you discover what you've been missing in one convenient app, available on the iPad and smartphone platforms including iPhone, and Android. Zite learns as you use it to bring you the articles you will find most interesting from a variety of sources across the Web. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Vancouver, British Columbia, Zite is wholly-owned subsidiary of CNN. To get to know Zite, go to www.zite.com.
Inner Circle Labs for Zite
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Zite, Internet, Communications, Digital Audio, Web, Smart Phone, iPods, iphone, iPad, Social Media, Internet, Social Media, Business, PDA/Smartphone, Mac, OS9, OSX, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Sports, Lifestyle, Internet Technology, Business, Sports,