|Page (1) of 1 - 12/07/10||email article||print page|
Zenprise Redefines Mobile Security With Triple-Tier Protection at the Device, Network and Application LevelMobileManager 6.0 Delivers Most Comprehensive Suite of Mobile Security Capabilities Including Dynamic Defense, Secure Connect and Mobile Application Gateway (December 07, 2010)
FREMONT, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/07/10 -- Zenprise, Inc., a leading provider of enterprise mobile management and mobile device management software, today announced a major breakthrough in mobile security technology. MobileManager version 6.0 is the first all-in-one solution that dynamically protects business-critical applications and data anywhere in the mobile environment. Organizations are forced to push out the traditional boundaries of their security operations as more and more employees shift their computing tasks from computers to smartphones and tablets. Zenprise gives IT leaders the tools to control this expanding business environment by taking a more holistic approach. As a result, organizations can proactively prevent, address and remediate breaches in information security at the device, network and application tiers.
"The mobile world is quickly changing the way we need to think about security," said Ahmed Datoo, Chief Marketing Officer at Zenprise. "It's no longer enough to protect static information that's stored on the enterprise servers back at headquarters. Today's enterprises must have a wider, more flexible and impermeable shield to safeguard data that's travelling back and forth between the corporate network and users' devices in the field."
Hackers, capitalizing on the vulnerabilities created by a user's location, are employing more sophisticated methods to penetrate corporate defenses against unauthorized access. It's much easier to intercept smartphone data from a salesperson who is connected to the corporate database using the unsecured Wifi network in a cafe, for example, than it is to hack into the corporations secure Wifi network. And consider what would happen if a rogue employee walked out of a retail store with a credit card scanner. The security policies and controls that were available in the store quickly disappear once the user is off the retail network.
"In addition to dealing with the huge range of traditional security threats, IT departments must now protect the network against vulnerabilities enabled by remote access to the corporate network," said Craig Mathias, a Principal with the wireless and mobile advisory firm Farpoint Group. "But mobile security has traditionally been amazingly complex, often to the point where security measures are difficult to manage or even interfere with user productivity. Zenprise has added important new services to an already robust array of mobile management capabilities that mobilize enterprise applications securely and efficiently."
Multi-Tier Protection and Security Controls
MobileManager offers the following robust set of security and management capabilities to give IT more power to de-fang today's fast-growing security threats.
- Dynamic Defense provides context aware device security, automatically detecting potential threats and intelligently adjusting security settings to mitigate risk. For example, Dynamic Defense can detect that a credit card scanner is no longer in a retail store and immediately lock down and even wipe the rouge device clean of data.
- Secure Connect provides flexible application security that allows IT to offer mobile users secure, encrypted access to specific business applications from their smartphone. With the rapid expansion of business productivity apps on mobile devices, Secure Connect is a simple and flexible way to open access to these applications, while mitigating the risks involved.
- Mobile Application Gateway brings intelligent security to the network. Used in conjunction with Secure Connect, the Gateway controls access to all corporate applications. and logs all mobile application traffic for compliance and reporting purposes.
"We are starting to see customers rely more on mobile devices for revenue generating activities, and they are becoming much more vigilant about securing and managing enterprise mobility -- from the connectivity of people and devices, to the mobile applications that power their business," said Jayaram Bhat, CEO of Zenprise. "A holistic and dynamic approach to security is necessary if organizations want to leverage mobility as a valid revenue-generating source and long term strategic advantage."
Zenprise's extensive list of more than 400 global customers spans a cross-section of countries and vertical industries including: Comcast, Boeing Corporation, Shook Hardy & Bacon LLP, Varian Medical Systems and Vodafone.
On Thursday, December 9, Zenprise will host a free webinar on "Best Practices for Managing Security for iPad, Android and iPhones" at 11:00 a.m. PT/2:00 p.m. ET. The session, led by Zenprise's Ahmed Datoo will offer best practices for securing and managing mobile devices and corporate resources, including how to:
- Automatically detect if a SIM card is removed and take the appropriate action to wipe the device
- Identify and block unauthorized/non-compliant devices from accessing the corporate network
- Disable users from connecting to the corporate network from a public WiFi hotspot
- Ensure that mobile users are authorized to access corporate applications and the application is running from a corporate-approved device
- Remotely lock a device, change the password or initiate a wipe if a device is lost or stolen
- Log application traffic, including the person, time and action for compliance violations
- Provide dedicated secure connections between mobile applications and enterprise data residing behind the network firewall
Click here to register for the Webinar.
Zenprise's award winning software automates all aspects of mobile management, from monitoring to troubleshooting, from expense management to device management, from security to compliance. Using Zenprise, customers can reduce their mobile TCO costs by over 25 percent, increase customer service levels by over 75 percent and ensure corporate compliance rates of 100 percent. Supported smartphone platforms include BlackBerry®, iPhone, Palm, Windows Mobile and Android devices. Founded in 2003, Zenprise is headquartered in Fremont, California and is privately held with funding from investors Bay Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund, Rembrandt Venture Partners, and Shasta Ventures. Zenprise's executive and product teams bring enterprise software experience from companies such as Mercury, EDS, Zambeel, Bay Networks, and Loudcloud. For more information, go to www.zenprise.com.
Barokas Public Relations
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Zenprise, MobileManager, mobile device management, mobile security, Mobile Application Gateway, Computers/Peripherals, Notebook/Laptop, Scanner (flatbed), WiFi/Wireless, Tablets, Digital Media Software, Communications, WiFi, Digital Audio, Smart Phone, Home Networks, iPods, iphone, iPad, Applications, Sales & Marketing, Productivity Applications, Security, Database, Computer Technology, Software Development, Other Applications, Threats, Hackers, Wireless, Mobile Devices, Smartphone, Tools, Platforms, Management, CEO/CFO, Computers/Peripherals, Business, Network (LAN), WiFi/Wireless, Marketing, PDA/Smartphone, Marketwire, Inc., IT (Information Technology), Enterprise Applications, Apple Computer, Communications Technology, Internet Technology, Business, Outdoor Sports,