|Page (1) of 1 - 11/22/11||email article||print page|
Zenprise Ready to Protect the Mobile Enterprise From Let's Rock Elmo and Other Holiday Toys; Perfect Holiday Storm May Rise in Corporate Networks as Cyber Monday Meets "Bring Your Own Device"(November 22, 2011)
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/22/11 --
- An estimated 60 million consumers plan to use mobile devices to shop between Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2011, according to mobile ad network InMobi
- More than half of consumer online shopping time will be on computing devices used for work, according to a recent ISACA study
Cyber Monday of Holiday Season 2011 presents a new challenge for CIOs and IT administrators as two rapidly growing trends cross paths; mobile shopping and "Bring Your Own Device." Employees will likely use company-provided mobile devices to track down the season's hottest toys, like Let's Rock Elmo from Sesame Street or the Angry Birds Knock on Wood Game. Zenprise®, Inc., the leader in secure mobile device management (MDM), is sharing its guidelines for protecting the mobile enterprise during the holiday season and beyond.
The 2011 holiday shopping season is expected to see a fifteen percent increase in online shopping via mobile devices, according to a recent survey conducted by ISACA, a professional association of 95,000 IT audit, security and governance professionals. The survey further found that more than half of the time spent shopping will be done from computing devices used for work purposes, a trend called bring your own device (BYOD).
"The ability to do more work on a mobile device, whether it is a smartphone or tablet is a great benefit for both employees and companies," said Ahmed Datoo, CMO for Zenprise. "Using one mobile device for both work and personal business can open the door for great productivity improvements if the device is appropriately managed & secured."
Zenprise Guidelines for Protecting the Mobile Enterprise
Truly protecting mobile enterprises requires an end-to-end mobile security strategy. Device security is no longer enough. Security threats can occur at the network, application and data layers. The following guidelines should help CIOs and IT administrators embrace enterprise mobility in a way that keeps their company secure and compliant:
- Discover rogue devices
- Define and communicate the company mobile strategy, including which users, devices that will be supported, and which applications will be mobilized
- Get all mobile devices under management
- Set configuration and security policies in a role and policy based manner, according to corporate and regulatory policies and security use cases
- Monitor for mobile threats, potential data leakage and compliance violations
- Identify sensitive corporate data and lock it down with mobile DLP policies and controls
To learn more about protecting the mobile enterprise, Zenprise has posted a webinar on the company's website entitled "Mobile Device Management is No Longer Enough." The webinar is hosted by mobile industry expert, Jack L. Gold, president of J. Gold Associates. During the webinar, Gold addresses:
- The emerging risks of mobile enterprise access and the mobile end user threat
- Why traditional MDM is outdated and why Mobile Diversity Management is imperative
- Why enforcing mobile data protection and data leakage prevention is mandatory
- How visibility, alerting, reporting, and forensic analysis are foundational to securing mobile assets
- How companies can meet mobile compliance auditing and reporting requirements
About Zenprise, Inc.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zenprise is the leader in secure mobile device management. Only Zenprise protects all layers of the mobile enterprise, keeping organizations secure and compliant. Zenprise MobileManager and Zencloud let IT say "yes" to mobile device choice while safeguarding sensitive corporate data, shielding the network from mobile threats, and maintaining compliance with regulatory and corporate policies. This gives IT peace of mind, lets executives take their businesses mobile, and makes employees productive while on the go.
Zenprise's extensive list of global customers and partners spans a cross-section of countries and vertical industries including: aerospace and defense, financial services, healthcare, oil and gas, legal, telecommunications, retail, entertainment, and federal, state and local governments.
© 2011 Zenprise, Inc. All rights reserved. Zenprise is a registered trademark, and Zenprise MobileManager and Zencloud are trademarks of Zenprise, Inc. All third-party trademarks, trade names, or service marks may be claimed as the property of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: mobile device manangement, mobile security, cyber monday, black friday, bring your own device, Toys, Communications, Smart Phone, Applications, Security, Business Issues, Threats, Management, CMO, Prosumer/Consumer, Business, Handheld PC/PDA, PDA/Smartphone, Marketwire, Inc., , Financial, Gold, Business, Entertainment, Other,