|Page (1) of 1 - 06/07/12||email article||print page|
Zenprise Provides Most Comprehensive Security Across Broadest Number of Android-Based Mobile Devices(June 07, 2012)
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/07/12 --
- Most advanced security functions for BYOD and company owned Android-based devices
- Support for broadest array of Android devices -- including Amazon Kindle Fire
Zenprise, Inc., the leader in secure Mobile Device Management (MDM), today announced an expanded set of security and management capabilities for Android-based smartphones and tablets. The Company also announced support for the Amazon Kindle Fire, making Zenprise the MDM company that supports the broadest set of Android devices.
Enterprises are embracing the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend. As part of their strategy to empower mobile workers, organizations are adding support for a wide variety of devices and operating systems, particularly the Android platform. Leading industry analyst firm, IDC, recently released a report that estimates the Android platform will eventually emerge as the tablet market's platform leader. By 2016, IDC expects Google's Android OS to account for 100.8 million unit shipments, followed closely by the 94.7 million iOS units that IDC expects Apple to ship.
Zenprise's own Quarterly Cloud Report for Q1 2012 found that companies are not only embracing the BYOD trend; they are beginning to implement the strategies and applications to optimize their mobile business.
"Those companies supporting Android devices want to make these devices work for work," said Ahmed Datoo, CMO for Zenprise. "The key to any successful mobile strategy, regardless of device choice, is security. With Zenprise MobileManager, IT administrators can be confident in the security and manageability of Android devices in their mobile enterprise."
Zenprise protects the mobile enterprise end-to-end with the industry's easiest-to-use mobile device management solution. Moreover, Zenprise enables additional security for Android devices covering both BYOD and corporate-issued Android use cases.
For Android-based devices, Zenprise MobileManager provides an increased level of support and security, including:
- True BYOD capability for Android- Zenprise supports the widest range of Android-based devices, including the Amazon Kindle Fire. Many MDM vendors rely on a communication framework to generically support Android devices, but this framework cannot be used to support the Kindle. Zenprise's approach was to create a management application that directly integrates with the APIs exposed by the Kindle Fire. This application is available for download from the Amazon AppStore for Android.
- Robust security:
- Advanced security features -- Zenprise extends Google's MDM APIs with advanced security and management policies. For example, using Zenprise IT can restrict device hardware such as a camera or Bluetooth connectivity across any manufacturer device. Administrators can prevent users from installing games or other restricted apps for corporate issued devices. These are policies currently not available in the Google APIs.
- Mobile App Lock: With Mobile App Lock, IT can prevent users from launching malicious or non-compliant apps on their device.
- Encryption of network traffic: includes dedicated, VPN-like Mobile App Tunnels that encrypt application traffic end-to-end.
- Encryption enforcement for data at rest: IT administrators can set and deploy encryption policies for Android devices running Android 3.0 and above.
- Seamless enrollment experience -- Zenprise includes a pre-enrollment check to make sure only compliant devices are enrolled.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zenprise is the leader in secure Mobile Device Management (MDM). Only Zenprise protects the mobile enterprise end-to-end with the industry's easiest-to-use MDM solution. Zenprise MobileManager and Zencloud let IT say "yes" to personal and corporate-owned mobile devices by safeguarding sensitive corporate data, shielding the network from mobile threats, maintaining compliance with regulatory and corporate policies, and making the administrative process simple and intuitive. This gives IT peace of mind, lets executives take their businesses mobile, and makes employees more productive on-the-go.
Zenprise's extensive list of global customers and partners spans a cross-section of countries and vertical industries including: aerospace and defense, financial services, healthcare, oil and gas, legal, telecommunications, retail, entertainment, and federal, state, and local governments.
For more information about Zenprise, please visit www.zenprise.com or follow us on the Zenprise blog (http://www.zenprise.com/blog), Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/zenprise), and Twitter (@Zenprise_Inc).
+1 650 395 6957
Cristina Thai or Allison Zigulis
North of Nine Communications
+1 415 268 4800
Max Tatton-Brown/Andrea Berghall
+44 208 408 8000
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: mobile device manangement, mobile security, Camera, Communications, Web, Smart Phone, Search, Applications, Security, Google, Blogs/videoblogs, Social Media, Marketwire, Inc., Financial, Communications Technology, Computer Science, Business, Entertainment, Other,