|Page (1) of 1 - 03/29/10||email article||print page|
Zenprise Adds Smartphone Remote Control Capabilities to Its Mobile Management SuiteRemote Control Completely Centralizes Support to Accelerate Repair Times and Lower Costs (March 29, 2010)
FREMONT, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/29/10 -- Zenprise, Inc., a leading provider of enterprise mobile management and device management software, today introduced smartphone remote control capabilities to its MobileManager platform. The software enables help desk representatives seated several thousand miles away to remotely connect and view a user's smartphone screen. Problems are solved faster with far fewer frustrations for all people involved. Moreover, centrally managing and quickly resolving problems reduces overall smartphone support costs, while keeping workforce productivity at its peak.
Traditional methods of troubleshooting smartphone issues can be challenging and time consuming for both end users and IT personnel. Users often need to describe their smartphone issues over the phone while help desk representatives attempt to resolve their issues without ever seeing their screen. The alternative is to provide local IT support at every global branch office, an unlikely option for budget-strapped IT departments. Alternatively, IT departments often ask employees to ship their smartphone back to headquarters any time they experience software or configuration problems. Both support situations are costly and time-consuming for the company and employee. Zenprise's Remote Control capability solves this problem by empowering IT departments to centrally support smartphones.
BlackBerry Remote Control is available today as part of Zenprise Device Manager. In addition to Device Manager, the Zenprise MobileManager platform includes powerful modules that automate every aspect of the smartphone lifecycle, including: service management, security management, and expense management. Remote Control will later be available for iPhone, Windows Mobile, Palm webOS and Android platforms.
KEY FACTS / HIGHLIGHTS:
Remote Control is accessed through an intuitive Web-based interface from the Zenprise Device Manager console. All software is deployed and installed over-the-air. Role-based views can be created for IT managers, IT administrators, and help desk representatives. To learn more, visit: www.zenprise.com/products/blackberry-remote-control.aspx
Remote Control Key Features:
- See What the User Sees: Help desk representatives can remotely log onto an employee's smartphone from several thousand miles away to see and control the device's screen. They can see and control the user's screen just as if they had the device physically with them. Once in control, the employee can watch the representative navigate the screen, which can be helpful in training the employee on how to best use the device.
- Remotely Control and Remediate Device Issues - Remote Control allows help desk personnel to remotely navigate and repair a device in real-time. By remotely navigating a smartphone's screen, the representative can change configurations, troubleshoot operating system issues, and disable or kill problematic applications or processes.
- Secure Application Threats Instantly - Virus and malware threats are becoming increasingly pervasive on smartphones. IT security personnel can use Remote Control to isolate and contain threats before they spread to other smartphones by remotely disabling network access, killing rogue processes, uninstalling applications, and removing malware.
- Find and Ring Lost Smartphones - According to Accenture, 10 to 15 percent of all wireless devices are lost by their owners. Often lost smartphones are merely misplaced or out-of-sight. Remote Control now allows help desk representatives to remotely enable the device's ringer and call the phone, allowing the employee to find and retrieve the device on their own. Undiscoverable or stolen smartphones can also be located and wiped to ensure corporate data is not compromised.
To learn more, visit: www.zenprise.com/products/blackberry-remote-control.aspx
All Remote Control Videos can be viewed at Zenprise's Facebook page here:
- Remote Control Support for the World's Toughest End User: Darth Vader
- Remote Control Support for the World's Most Frustrating User: BlackBerry Newbie
- Remote Control Support for the World's Most Devoted User: CrackBerry user
Ahmed Datoo, vice president, marketing, Zenprise
"Remote Control supplements the Zenprise MobileManager platform by enabling IT departments to remotely provision, audit, repair and secure smartphones. Remote Control allows IT personnel to truly manage, secure and troubleshoot a user's smartphone, no matter where they are in the world. This allows IT departments to remotely offer the same service level for smartphones as they have done for desktops and laptops for years."
Andrew Borg, senior research analyst for wireless and mobility, Aberdeen Group
"Enterprise mobility is becoming increasingly difficult for IT managers to support given the complexity of managing multiple smartphone platforms and employee-liable devices. Having a comprehensive, end-to-end mobile management platform that provides remote visibility into both smartphone-specific issues as well as the back-end network and server infrastructure is crucial to ensuring employees stay productive, wherever they might be based, and whichever smartphone platform they're using."
- Information on Mobile Device Management
- Information on Smartphone Remote Control
- Information on BlackBerry Remote Control
- Follow Zenprise news on Twitter: @Zenprise_Inc
- Become a Fan on Facebook: www.facebook.com/zenprise
Pricing begins at $25 per user for 1,000 managed devices.
Zenprise, Zenprise MobileManager, Zenprise Device Manager, Zenprise Remote Control, Remotely control smartphone, control enterprise smartphone, smartphone remote access, smartphone remote management, remote control smartphone, smartphone remote control
Zenprise's award-winning software automates all aspects of mobile management, from monitoring to troubleshooting, from expense management to device management, from security to compliance. Using Zenprise, customers can reduce their mobile TCO by over 25 percent, increase customer service levels by over 75 percent and ensure corporate compliance rates of 100 percent. Supported smartphone platforms include BlackBerry®, iPhone, Palm webOS, Windows Mobile and Android devices. Founded in 2003, Zenprise is headquartered in Fremont, California and is privately held with funding from investors Bay Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund, and Shasta Ventures. Zenprise's executive and product teams bring enterprise software experience from companies such as Mercury, EDS, Zambeel, Bay Networks, and Loudcloud. For more information, go to www.zenprise.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1209027
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1209035
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1209030
Beth Mayer, Barokas Public Relations, 206.264.8220, [email protected]
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords:Zenprise, Zenprise MobileManager, Zenprise Device Manager, Zenprise Remote Control, Remotely control, Digital Media Software, Communications, Digital Audio, Smart Phone, PDA, iPods, iphone, Applications, Help-Desk, Public Relations, Sales & Marketing, Security, Business Issues, Threats, Virus, Wireless, Public Relations, Management, IT Managers, OS (Operating System), Marketwire, Inc., IT (Information Technology), Security, Apple Computer, Other,