|Page (1) of 1 - 02/22/12||email article||print page|
ZL Technologies' Unified Archive(R) Earns DoD 5015.02 Certification for Records ManagementZL Unified Archiving Takes Records Management to the Next Generation (February 22, 2012)
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/22/12 -- ZL Technologies Inc., the leader in unified archiving for large enterprises, announced today that its flagship product, Unified Archive® ("ZL UA"), has been granted DoD 5015.02 certification for Records Management from the U.S. Department of Defense ("DoD").
With this new certification, ZL UA is probably the industry's most comprehensive archiving system which combines e-discovery, compliance, records and storage management under one unified system. Architected for the Fortune 500 to handle their massive volumes of e-mail and digital files, also known as "unstructured Big Data," ZL UA has already been successfully deployed at very large-scale installations, including one system that holds over 9 billion records, with ingestion rates of over 50 million records a day, and full-text search times measured in seconds.
The DoD 5015 certification is the most coveted authentication in the field of records management. It is officially endorsed by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) for use by U.S. federal agencies. A vendor is certified as DoD 5015.02-compliant only after exhaustive testing and stringent verification by the Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC).
According to Dr. Arvind Srinivasan, CTO of ZL Technologies, "As records management, e-discovery, compliance, and storage optimization converge, a unified approach to managing information is the only feasible long-term solution. Vendors today often license or acquire separate components or 'silos' and then 'integrate' them through application program interfaces (APIs). This dated approach of integrating silos has typically failed in archiving due to the crushing volumes of unstructured Big Data. By contrast, ZL's unified approach enables all applications to function as one system, thus making it possible to maintain one data copy and coordinate retention policies across the enterprise. With escalating user needs and data volumes, there simply is no other way forward. In fact, any acquisition of silo or point product today may be short-lived and more of an expenditure, than an investment."
Highlights of ZL UA's Records Management capabilities include:
- DoD 5015 certification for the entire "Unified" platform, whereby records management, e-discovery, compliance and storage management all share the same data copy, policies, platform and code base
- Single data copy, where single instance maintains only one copy across the enterprise
- All types of unstructured data handled, including e-mail, files, IM, BlackBerry, social media, etc.
- Automated classification, granular to the document content level, with manual override
- Manual classification, with full integration into Outlook, Notes, using push (with low impact on e-mail server performance) or pull (server "crawling") methods
- Ability to handle both Records and "non-Records" in uniform fashion
- Most mail platforms handled, including Exchange, Domino, Office365, Gmail, etc.
- Multi-tenancy capability, including hosting multiple organizations on the same system, where economies of scale reduce per user cost
- On-premise or Cloud deployments, where users can choose either mode, while also being able to switch later without incurring data migration penalties
- Ultra-fast full-text search of data and metadata, with search time for billions of records measured in seconds
For more information about ZL Technologies' Unified Archive® solution, visit www.zlti.com
About ZL Technologies
ZL Technologies, Inc. develops Unified Archive® software ("ZL UA") to enable large enterprises to manage its Corporate Memory including all human communications such as e-mail and files, thereby satisfying corporate archiving needs for e-discovery, records management, regulatory compliance, corporate governance, and storage management. ZL UA also allows the enterprise to leverage its corporate memory for competitive advantage, such as sharing knowledge, expertise and history across divisions. ZL UA's unique differentiator is its unified architecture which consolidates billions of documents under one platform, thus eliminating today's fractured data silos, which significantly raise operating costs and legal risks. With its proven track record with dozens of Global 500 customers, and its strategic partnerships with global players such as Oracle, PriceWaterhouseCoopers and NTT Data, ZL has emerged as the leader in harnessing unstructured "Big Data" for competitive advantage. For more information, please visit www.zlti.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: ZL Technologies, Inc., Applications,Storage,Internet,Business Issues,Software,Misc,Archiving,Metadata,Architecture,Administration,Social Media,Search,Internet Server Applications,E-mail,Search Servers,Web Servers,Management,CTO/CIO,USA,Marketwire, Inc., ,Lifestyle,Other,