|Page (1) of 1 - 05/26/10||email article||print page|
YouMail Launches Version 2.0 of BlackBerry AppTop BlackBerry Productivity App Now Easier to Use and More Powerful (May 26, 2010)
IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/26/10 -- YouMail Inc. (www.youmail.com), provider of digital secretary services for managing mobile voicemail, today announced the launch of YouMail 2.0 for BlackBerry. The new version specifically addresses the top user requests for streamlining and extending the application, which has consistently been the #1 Productivity application on BlackBerry App World since its launch. YouMail 2.0 for BlackBerry offers users faster and easier ways to view, organize and respond to their voice messages.
"Smartphone users have come to expect more from their mobile experience, but traditional voicemail continues to be a hassle and time-waster," said Alex Quilici, YouMail's CEO. "The YouMail App for BlackBerry phones redefines the voicemail experience as fast, easy, flexible and powerful, which is why YouMail is consistently the top productivity tool on BlackBerry App World."
YouMail 2.0 for BlackBerry features include:
1) Streamlined User Interface
- The main screen now shows the number of new messages and each caller's photo or avatar, which can be imported automatically from Facebook.
- The message play screen supports fast-forward and rewind, allowing users to get through their messages even more efficiently.
2) Enhanced Organization Tools
- Users can access any folder directly from the App, not just the Inbox, including standard Saved, Spam and Trash folders, as well as user-created folders.
- Users can turn their voicemail box into a "To Do" list by easily flagging messages for follow-up directly in the App.
3) Improved Transcription Experience
- The play screen now shows more of the transcribed message text, lessening the need to scroll.
- Users can copy and paste directly from the transcription, allowing them to easily insert message text into searches or responses.
4) Faster Voicemail Follow Up
- The YouMail App is now integrated with the phone's default SMS client, enabling users to easily reply to voice messages using TXT messages.
- Simpler menus allow users to easily forward and reply to voicemail while including the original voicemail as a MP3 or WAV file.
YouMail 2.0 for BlackBerry is free and can be downloaded directly from BlackBerry App World by following this link: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/724
YouMail also offers free mobile applications for iPhone and Android phones, available for download on the YouMail website. Additional mobile clients can be developed using the YouMail Open API, which is how YouMail partner Syntactix developed the YouMail app for Palm Pre.
For additional information, please contact Jessica Hasson at firstname.lastname@example.org
YouMail turns mobile phone voicemail into a "digital secretary" for handling unanswered calls. With personalized greetings, delivery through text or e-mail, voicemail filtering, and voice-to-text transcription, YouMail saves time, increases productivity, and improves reliability of message handling. YouMail gives users flexible control to retrieve and manage voicemail through mobile applications for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, and Palm smart phones, through a web browser, via e-mail or by calling in from any phone. YouMail provides an ad-supported free service, as well as a set of premium services, including voice-to-text transcription. YouMail is headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, and backed by Vantage Point Venture Partners and Tech Coast Angels. To learn more or sign up for YouMail's free service, visit http://www.youmail.com or download the YouMail application from AppWorld, iTunes, or Android Market.
For additional information, please contact:
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: YouMail, Google Voice, Free Voicemail, Voicemail transcription, mobile voicemail, Marketwire, Inc., Apple Computer, Communications Technology, Internet Technology, Spam,