|Page (1) of 1 - 02/11/11||email article||print page|
YouMail Launches Major iPhone Update Bringing Premium Visual Voicemail to iOSYouMail Brings Its Popular Visual Voicemail Plus to iPhone (February 11, 2011)
IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/11/11 -- YouMail, Inc. (www.youmail.com) today announced a major update to its free iPhone Visual Voicemail Plus application, completely overhauling the app's user interface, features, capabilities and functionality. This new update offers iPhone users a fast, fun option for instantly managing, sharing, storing, digitizing and transcribing voicemail. With this update, the YouMail application goes far beyond the basic visual voicemail that comes with the iPhone, providing:
- Multi-Platform Access. YouMail users can pick up their voicemail on whatever device is most convenient, not just the iPhone. The YouMail app also runs on iPods and iPads, as well as any other portable computing device or handset. This accessibility allows users to pick up voicemail through youmail.com on any computer, as well as to share voicemail with colleagues, friends and family.
- Visual caller ID. YouMail now pulls and displays incoming caller photos from the phone's address book and the user's Facebook account -- giving users truly visual voicemail. YouMail also provides the caller's city and state, in addition to their phone number and name.
- Simple forwarding. With just a couple of clicks, users can now easily forward voicemail to any e-mail address. Users aren't locked in to forwarding to other people on their carrier's network.
- Message grouping. YouMail users can now easily manage groups of voicemails, moving them into folders effortlessly, deleting multiple messages at a time, and even restoring or purging deleted voicemails.
- Massive storage. YouMail's free application allows users to store up to 100 messages, eliminating the constant worry about mailboxes getting too full. YouMail also offers premium options with even greater storage capacity.
- Premium transcription. The app lets users read their voicemail with one of YouMail's human-edited transcription plans. This update now makes it easy for users to try and buy transcription services from YouMail's premium offerings.
In addition, users of YouMail's iPhone app have access to all of YouMail's rich features that can be configured and managed from the YouMail web site, including:
- Setting up personal greetings heard only by specific family, friends, or co-workers.
- Playing and use prerecorded greetings supplied by other YouMailers.
- Blocking specific people from leaving voicemail.
- Creating your own folders to help organize voicemail.
- Connecting to Facebook, so your friend's pictures show up when they leave messages.
- Easily posting messages to your Facebook wall, twitter, or your blog.
- Saving important voicemails forever, whether on the iPhone or computer.
This new update makes YouMail the iPhone's most comprehensive and feature-rich visual voicemail service.
"The iPhone has made visual voicemail a must have," commented CEO Alex Quilici. "YouMail now dramatically extends the iPhone's visual voicemail, turning into a much faster and fun solution for handling missed calls, providing iPhone users access to the same popular YouMail application that has been downloaded over two million times on BlackBerry and Android devices."
YouMail is available to post-paid mobile users in the US on all major carriers including AT&T Wireless, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and T-Mobile. YouMail can also be used to unify a user's mobile voicemail with their voice messages from VOIP service providers such as Google Voice, MagicJack, OOMA, and Vonage.
YouMail, Inc. is a leading provider of communication applications and services for smart phones. These applications and services are built on YouMail's proprietary, massively scalable, hosted communication platform and APIs that speed mobile development. YouMail's Visual Voicemail Plus is the company's flagship, a state-of-the-art mobile voicemail service, with applications available for the Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Palm, and Windows Phone 7 platforms. The free service provides a true multi-platform, unified voicemail experience for its users, and a compelling experience for its callers, through unique features like smart greetings, its greetings community, and personalized greetings. YouMail is being increasingly adopted not only by consumers, with well over two million downloads, but also by carriers as their default or recommended voicemail. YouMail is headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, and backed by Vantage Point Venture Partners and Tech Coast Angels. To learn more or sign up for YouMail's free service, please visit http://www.youmail.com or download the YouMail application from AppWorld, iTunes, or Android Market.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: YouMail, Google Voice, Free Voicemail, Voicemail transcription, mobile voicemail, Marketwire, Inc.,Apple Computer,Internet Technology,Family,Other,