|Page (1) of 1 - 04/26/11||email article||print page|
Yammer Launches iOS 4.0 ApplicationAnytime Anywhere Enterprise Social Networking for the iPad and iPhone (April 26, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/26/11 -- Yammer, Inc., the leading enterprise social network, today announced the availability of Yammer iOS 4.0 for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. A universal application built on iPhone SDK 3.2, Yammer iOS 4.0 features threaded conversations, private messaging, and an upgraded in-app browser. The application also provides full Retina Display support and delivers two separate experiences optimized for the iPad and iPhone respectively.
- Threaded Conversations - Easily follow conversations with replies displayed underneath the original message.
- Private Messaging - Communicate privately with one or more colleagues.
- Read/Unread Message Tracking - Identify previously loaded versus newly loaded messages and replies.
- Full Retina Display Support - Experience enhanced text, images, and more.
- Multi Feed Access - Quickly navigate between group feeds, company feeds, and @mentions to find relevant conversations.
- Upgraded In-App Browser - Seamlessly navigate between Yammer and links to external sites.
- Document Viewing - Instantly access Microsoft Office documents, PDFs, and images appearing in a feed.
Yammer iOS 4.0 is part of a series of mobile releases by Yammer. Several more iOS, RIM, Android, and Windows Mobile releases are currently planned for 2011.
"Hundreds of thousands of users already access Yammer from their mobile devices, and we're continuing to see rapid growth," said David Sacks, co-founder and CEO, Yammer. "As we continue to innovate enterprise social networking for the web and desktop, we'll bring many of the same advanced features to mobile, so people can effectively collaborate and work together -- on any device, no matter where they are."
Download the application from the iTunes App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yammer/id289559439?mt=8
About Yammer, Inc.
Yammer (www.yammer.com) is the leader in enterprise social networking, providing a secure way for employees to communicate, collaborate, and share information. The basic version of Yammer is free, and customers can pay to upgrade their network to receive additional administrative and security controls, priority customer service and a dedicated customer success manager. More than 100,000 companies and organizations, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 500 -- are using our award-winning Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution to improve employee productivity and engagement. Visit our blog to see how our customers are benefiting from Yammer.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1588636
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1588631
Dee Anna McPherson
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: yammer, iphone, ipad, ipad app, iphone app, enterprise collaboration, Yammer iOS 4.0, iPhone SDK 3.2, Security,Networking,Internet,Security,Marketwire, Inc.,Apple Computer,Internet Technology,Social Networking,