|Page (1) of 1 - 04/24/12||email article||print page|
Yammer Continues to Build on 2011 Momentum With Strong First QuarterCompany Raises New Round of Funding, Makes First Acquisition, Exceeds 5 Million Corporate Users (April 24, 2012)
LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 04/24/12 -- Yammer, Inc., the leading provider of Enterprise Social Networks, today announced significant momentum in the first quarter of 2012 as it surpassed five million corporate users and increased headcount to more than 300 employees. An $85 million round of funding, strategic acquisition, key platform integrations, international growth and the launch of its first ad campaign were just some of the highlights.
New marquee customers in Q1 include: Engine Yard, Manhattan Associates, NetSuite, Renaissance Insurance, Twinings and the Westfield Group in the US and UK.
Funding and Growth
In February, Yammer announced it raised $85 million in its fifth round of funding, bringing the total capital raised to-date to $142 million. The growth round allowed Yammer to acquire UK-based company oneDrum and rapidly scale its sales and engineering teams in the U.S. and internationally. In addition to growing its operations in London and Melbourne, Yammer established a satellite office in New York City.
Yammer also made a significant investment in building brand awareness by launching its first advertising campaign in March with print and online ads highlighting the value of Enterprise Social Networks.
The EMEA region saw significant growth during Q1, including:
- 50 percent of the largest healthcare companies in Europe chose Yammer
- 2 out of 3 of the largest companies in Spain are Yammer customers
- The largest company in The Netherlands is a Yammer customer
- Established first developer center outside of the U.S. as part of Yammer's London Tech City office
- Surpassed 50 employees in Europe, with plans to triple that number by the end of the year
Product and Platform Updates
Yammer launched a new Analytics Dashboard designed to help customers gain insights about the people, conversations and activity in their Yammer networks. Statistics provided include the number of engaged members, messages, top performing groups and a breakdown of how users are accessing networks (website, desktop or type of mobile application).
Yammer also announced integrations with a wide range of business applications, adding to the quickly growing roster of organizations that utilize Yammer's open API:
- An SAP ERP Central Component integration, built by Freeborders, enables updates from SAP's software to appear as activity stories in Yammer's Ticker. SAP customers who have installed the Yammer SAP Connector see updates from all business suite applications including HR, ERP and CRM.
- Integrations with GageIn, Kindling, Moreover Technologies, Planview and Sparqlight, furthered Yammer's strategy of being the social layer across all business applications.
Yammer was recognized by leading industry analysts and media as a technology leader:
- CEO David Sacks was recognized by the San Francisco Business Times as one of the Bay Area's "40 Under 40."
- Yammer was named on ZDNet's CRM Watchlist 2012, recognizing companies that have had an impact on the customer-facing and employee-focused technology marketplace.
"After an incredible 2011, Yammer is already on a path to blow past all expectations for this year in terms of growth and expansion," said David Sacks, founder and CEO, Yammer. "Now that Enterprise Social Networking has gained mainstream acceptance, companies are truly beginning to see the tangible benefits of transformation in their organizations. Yammer is changing the way companies communicate and collaborate and ultimately get work done."
About Yammer, Inc.
Yammer (www.yammer.com) is the leading provider of Enterprise Social Networks, enabling organizations to make transformative changes quickly by empowering employees to collaborate across departments, geographies, content and business applications. The basic version of Yammer is free, and customers can pay to upgrade their network to receive additional administrative and security controls, priority customer service and a dedicated customer success manager. Companies and organizations from across the globe, including more than 85 percent of the Fortune 500, are using our award-winning Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution to improve employee productivity and engagement. Visit our blog to see how our customers are benefiting from Yammer.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1959202
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Yammer, Enterprise Social Network, David Sacks, intranet, Facebook, Chatter, social media, Sales, Applications, Advertising, CRM - Customer Relationship Management, Insurance, Sales & Marketing, Security, Networking, Business Issues, Human Resources, Sales, Human Resources, Sales, USA, Spain, Marketwire, , Business, Social Networking,