|Page (1) of 1 - 07/11/11||email article||print page|
Yammer Announces New Version of Integration With Microsoft(R) SharePoint(R)Enterprise Customers Maximize the Power of SharePoint by Adding Yammer's Real-Time Social Layer (July 11, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/11/11 -- Yammer, Inc., the leader in enterprise social networking, today announced a new version of its integration with Microsoft SharePoint. The Yammer SharePoint 3.0 Web Part adds a highly secure, real-time social layer to the native SharePoint platform, making it social, mobile, and engaging for enterprise employees.
In addition to the features already available in the previous version of the Web Part, Yammer SharePoint 3.0 includes a host of new functionality that further enhances SharePoint as a powerful collaboration tool:
- Notification alerts help users keep track of important messages, drawing users into conversations happening within SharePoint and driving more frequent engagement with SharePoint content.
- Profile sync allows users to import profile information from SharePoint into Yammer, eliminating the need to complete two profiles. Coupled with unified search, which allows users to simultaneously search SharePoint and Yammer content from within SharePoint, profile sync makes it easier for users to locate and connect with experts within an organization.
- In addition to posting documents, users can now post other list items such as calendar events and tasks from SharePoint to their Yammer feed.
- Light embeddable feeds make it easy for customers to disperse simple versions of the Yammer feed across numerous SharePoint pages.
Yammer for SharePoint supports more responsive, flexible organizations by enabling workers to collaborate and contribute regardless of location. By using the Yammer mobile applications for iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, Android and Windows Mobile, users can stay connected to important conversations and projects within SharePoint while on the go.
"Adding a social layer to SharePoint drives engagement and enables users to instantly communicate about critical content and business issues," said David Sacks, founder and CEO at Yammer. "With this new, deeper integration, SharePoint and Yammer work together to provide enterprise customers with the ultimate collaboration experience."
Yammer SharePoint 3.0 Key Features
- View My Feed, Company Feed and Group Feeds
- Post, reply and like messages
- Attach files and links
- Get notification alerts for new Yammer messages, @ replies and likes*
- Profile sync: Sync your SharePoint profile information with Yammer, eliminating the need to complete two profiles*
- Document and list item integration: Post documents and other list items such as calendar events and tasks directly from SharePoint to Yammer*
- Unified search: Search SharePoint and Yammer content simultaneously from within SharePoint. Yammer message results are displayed alongside SharePoint results.
- Light embeddable feeds*
- Admin configurations
- Single Sign On
* Indicates new features not available in previous versions of Yammer SharePoint Web Part
The Yammer SharePoint 3.0 Web Part is included in Yammer's premium offering and will be available in Q3 2011. Easy to manage with rich IT administrative capabilities for control, customization and compliance, Yammer for SharePoint takes minutes to deploy and transitions easily between SharePoint 2007 and 2010. Yammer ensures customer success through a dedicated support team with expertise in managing Yammer pilots, deployments and structured roll-outs across organizations. Because Yammer is EU Safe Harbor compliant, customers can maintain enterprise-grade security while enhancing their SharePoint experience with Yammer.
About Yammer, Inc.
Yammer (www.yammer.com) is the leading provider of enterprise social networking, offering a secure way for employees to communicate, collaborate, and share information. The basic version of Yammer is free, and customers can pay to upgrade their network to receive additional administrative and security controls, priority customer service and a dedicated customer success manager. More than 80 percent of the Fortune 500 are using our award-winning Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution to improve employee productivity and engagement. Visit our blog to see how our customers are benefiting from Yammer.
Senior Manager of Communications
(415) 796-7418 (office)
(206) 965-0585 (mobile)
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Yammer, Microsoft, Microsoft SharePoint, SharePoint, Microsoft Worldwide Partners Conference , Applications, Security, Networking, Internet, Security, Search, Internet Server Applications, Search Servers, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Internet Technology, Business, Social Networking, Other,