|Page (1) of 1 - 01/12/12||email article||print page|
Yammer Accelerates Momentum in a Breakout 2011Triples Sales, Exceeds 4 Million Corporate Users, Enhances Product (January 12, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/12/12 -- Yammer, Inc., the leading provider of enterprise social networks, today announced strong momentum as it surpassed 4 million corporate users, tripled year-over-year sales and grew its headcount to more than 250 employees in 2011. Several key factors played a role in the company's ongoing success, including significant product enhancements, integrations and strategic executive hires.
More than 85 percent of the Fortune 500 now have Yammer networks. New marquee customers in 2011 include: 7-Eleven, Chevron, General Electric, LexisNexis, Penn State, Rakuten, Red Robin, Repsol, Southern Company, SuperValu and Tyco.
2011 Adoption and Growth
- Over 100,000 organizations established new Yammer networks, bringing the total to over 200,000
- 21 percent increase in average deal size over FY 2010
- Record fourth quarter growth, with 32 percent increase in average deal size over Q4 2010
- Paid customers include:
- 4 of the top 10 largest companies in the U.S.
- 3 of the top 10 oil & gas companies in the world
- 3 of the top 10 construction & engineering companies in the world
- 3 of the top 10 beverage companies in the world
- 2 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies in the world
- 2 of the top 10 utilities in the world
- 2 of the top 10 telecommunications companies in the world
- 2 of the top 5 Internet retailers in the world
Yammer released a number of key enhancements to its platform, enabling integration with a wide range of business applications:
- An Activity Stream API enables business applications to publish real-time activity stories in Yammer showing what co-workers are doing in third-party apps.
- A new Ticker aggregates these stories in a scrolling side module, allowing content and business data to go viral within an organization. Because the Ticker is a separate module, activity stories do not overwhelm human conversations in the main feed.
- Activity stories from nine applications are now published in the Ticker, including: Badgeville, Box, Expensify, NetSuite, Salesforce.com, SharePoint, Spigit, TripIt and Zendesk.
- Yammer Connect allows users to log into third-party sites using their Yammer credentials and bring their Yammer identity, profile information and corporate social graph with them.
- Yammer Embed allows any Yammer feed to be delivered into existing business applications by copying and pasting a simple embed code.
- Yammer released a new version of its SharePoint integration, adding a highly secure, real-time social layer to the native SharePoint platform, making it social, mobile and engaging for enterprise employees.
Yammer continued to improve the breadth of its product. Major enhancements include:
- Pages allow users to easily create a wiki-like page and collaborate on dynamic long-form content in real time.
- Files enable employees to share, follow and comment on new or previously uploaded files with greater ease and accessibility.
- A Praise application allows co-workers to recognize one another for a job well done, boosting employee engagement and morale.
- New and updated mobile apps for Windows Phone, Android and iOS were released and Yammer was named one of the top apps of the year by Apple.
Industry analysts and media credited Yammer as a technology pioneer with great promise for continued success and innovation.
- Yammer was named the winner in the Management: Collaboration System category in the 2011 Forrester Groundswell Awards with its customer, Deloitte Australia. The winning entry examines Deloitte Australia's social business transformation enabled by Yammer.
- Yammer was named a Leader in enterprise mobile collaboration by Forrester Research Inc. in an August 2011 report: "The Forrester Wave: Mobile Collaboration, Q3 2011."
- The Wall Street Journal included Yammer in its "The Next Big Thing 2011," a list highlighting the top 50 venture-backed companies of the year.
- Leading IT market research and advisory firm IDC named Yammer one of its "Innovative Application Software Company Under $100 Million to Watch, 2011."
- Yammer CEO David Sacks was named a 2011 "Game Changer" by Workforce Management and a "Most Admired CEO" in the emerging growth category by the San Francisco Business Times.
"2011 was the year that Enterprise Social Networking gained mainstream acceptance. When Yammer first launched, the industry viewed the idea of bringing social networking into the enterprise with skepticism," said David Sacks, founder and CEO, Yammer. "Now the trend is regarded as inevitable, with ESN becoming an official software category and C-level executives at Fortune 500 companies leading social initiatives to drive transformation in their organizations."
About Yammer, Inc.
Yammer (www.yammer.com) is the leader in enterprise social networking, providing a secure way for employees to communicate, collaborate, and share information. The basic version of Yammer is free, and customers can pay to upgrade their network to receive additional administrative and security controls, priority customer service and a dedicated customer success manager. Companies and organizations from across the globe, including more than 85 percent of the Fortune 500, are using our award-winning Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution to improve employee productivity and engagement. Visit our blog to see how our customers are benefiting from Yammer.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Yammer, Enterprise Social Network, David Sacks, Apple, General Electric, Tyco, Fortune 500, Chevron , Sales, Applications, Sales & Marketing, Security, Networking, Internet, Business Issues, Telecommunications, Security, Internet Server Applications, Management, Sales, CEO/CFO, Sales, USA, Australia, Marketwire, Inc., , Application Software, Internet Technology, Medical, Business, Internet, Social Networking,