|Page (1) of 1 - 08/10/04||email article||print page|
Xfrog 4 for Maya now availableCreate complex structures such as trees, bushes, and flowers (August 10, 2004)
With Xfrog 4 for Maya, a new organic modeling tool by Greenworks organic software, you can create complex structures such as trees, bushes, and flowers in very short time - and with fantastic, realistic quality. Plants, organisms, abstract forms, organic architecture, or special effects, which have a basis in Nature become very easy with Xfrog 4 for Maya.
Xfrog 4 for Maya gives Maya users the following new Objects:
* Branch Object: enables you to create complex branching structures - very helpful for creating trees, bushes, other branching natural forms.
* Curve Object: a special NURBS curve, that can be changed by parameters such as rotation and translation.
* Hydra Object: tool for copying objects about a circle similar to Nature. This can be used to perfectly arrange leafs / petals around a flower, for example.
* Phyllotaxis Object: this tool groups objects onto and across surfaces of revolution. Objects are arranged on a spherical surface by default.
* Variation Object: can be used to create different child objects from a set of objects.
* Tropism Object: Effects like gravity and phototropism are able to be applied to curves with this Object.
The Objects are easily and precisely controlled by control curves and splines that can also be animated.
Advanced users can influence the input values of the curves and splines with mathematical formulas, so they are able to create unique complex structures very quickly.
The tight integration of Xfrog 4 for Maya enables the user to combine all tools very powerfully with each other. For example, NURBS or polygon objects can be copied with the Branch Object, the Hydra Object or Phyllotaxis Object. Or you can use the geometry made in Xfrog4 as basis of a particle emitter. Even deformers can be applied to Xfrog Objects.
Download of a beta version of Xfrog 4 is available now for Maya Users.
Xfrog 4 for Maya is available now at a pre-release price of only $ 399 from the xfrog.com shop.
Final release of Xfrog 4 for MAYA will be in early September.
About Greenworks organic-software
Greenworks organic-software is a world leader in organic modeling and animation software. The company has also created over 1,000 highly accurate procedural models of plants which are available in 22 individual libraries (XfrogPlants).
Customers include Pixar, Disney, ILM, Dreamworks, Moving Picture Company, Warner Bros, and SONY Imageworks, as well as many others.
Xfrog and XfrogPlants film credits include: "Batman and Robin", "Time Machine", and most recently, Jan Kounen's "Blueberry" (Lt. Blueberry, Moebius).
Several other major films using Xfrog are currently in production.
For more information please visit www.xfrog.com.
Related Keywords:Xfrog 4, Maya, Greenworks organic software, splines,