|Page (1) of 1 - 08/25/09||email article||print page|
XenData Showcases Digital Video Archiving Pedigree at IBC 2009(August 25, 2009)
DMN Newswire--2009-8-25-- From terabytes to petabytes, XenData's digital video archiving solutions deliver the high-performance and functionality required to meet today's demanding digital video applications. Built on IT standards, XenData is pushing the envelope on digital video archiving by enabling broadcasters to future-proof their data and enhance video performance, while benefiting from significant cost-savings. To find out more about XenData at this year's IBC 2009 visit their stand at Hall 9, Stand E31 .
- Book a meeting with XenData experts Dr. Philip Storey, co-founder and CEO and Mark Broadbent, co-founder and CTO to learn how XenData is:
- Achieving headache-free digital video archiving to RAID and LTO data tape
- Future-proofing digital video archive storage through open standards support
- Streamlining costs through ease of integration and management
- Making file archiving and restoring in a mixed environment with Windows and Mac possible and easy to implement
See the latest enhancements to XenData's flagship digital video archive software and catch a demo of Version 5 of XenData Archive Series on stand. New enhancements include:
- LTO repack which allows recovery of tape space from deleted files and enabling better visibility before performing recovery operation
- Optimized file restores through Windows Explorer
- Easier configuration for use with Mac clients, Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Server and Sienna news room automation
- Tape contents reports which are especially useful for managing LTO tapes ?on the shelf'
- Even faster performance
- Version 5 is now shipping for use on 32 bit servers
Also witness XenData's technology in action on stands elsewhere throughout IBC:
- Global Distribution (Hall 7, Stand C29) will be demonstrating their leading Infinity Archive running in conjunction with Final Cut Server. Infinity Archive is a turnkey digital video archive running on XenData software
- Media Alliance (Hall 8, Stand B71) will be spotlighting their MediaXplorer DAM/MAM solution archiving to digital video archive running XenData software
- NorCom Information Technology (Hall 3, Stand C50) will be demonstrating NCPower Pro, its innovative multimedia editorial and production system, archiving to a XenData digital video archive
- TMD (Hall 2, Stand A19) will be showing its media management solutions integrated with AmberFin's iCR and XenData digital video archive
- Volicon (Hall 7, Stand H35) will be showcasing their award-winning Observer multichannel video monitoring and logging system which will be archiving to digital video archive running XenData software
XenData will be attending the annual trade show, IBC 2009, located at Hall 9, Stand E31, from 11th to 15th September 2009 at the RAI Centre, Amsterdam.
XenData is a leading provider of digital video archiving software tailored specifically to serve the media and entertainment industry. XenData's solution provides the high-performance and functionality required to meet today and tomorrow's demanding digital video applications. XenData software is built on industry standards, providing a standard file system interface and archiving to data tape using the POSIX tar format. TV stations, media service providers, post production organizations and global broadcasters using XenData standards based approach are able to benefit from significant cost-savings, ease of integration with other standards-based systems as well as long-term assured access to their video files. With over 250 digital video archive installations worldwide, XenData is trusted by some of the largest broadcasters and networks including the BBC, Televisa, Warner Brothers and the UK's Channel Four. For more information visit: www.XenData.com
Related Keywords:digital video archiving, IBC, media and entertainment industry