|Page (1) of 1 - 11/03/05||email article||print page|
XChange Releases Atomik Roundtrip 2 and Atomik Xport 4New bi-directional XML tools for QuarkXPress (November 03, 2005)
XChange International, the source for extended technology worldwide, are pleased to announce the release of Atomik Roundtrip v2 and Atomik Xport v4. These two releases include significant feature additions increasing both the power and value of these professional solutions.
Atomik Roundtrip enables you to place XML at the heart of your workflow. By providing full bi-directional XML support for QuarkXPress and preserving XML structures within QuarkXPress documents, Atomik Roundtrip delivers true integration for cross-media publishing and archive solutions.
With Atomik Roundtrip you can import XML into QuarkXPress and faithfully re-export the marked up content. However Atomik Roundtrip offers much, much more than simple import and export capabilities. Users can update the QuarkXPress document automatically if the source XML document changes and update the source XML document if the QuarkXPress document changes. As the XML document(s) are embedded within the QuarkXPress document, Atomik Roundtrip can even export XML from QuarkXPress without referencing the source XML document(s). No other product provides this level of support for ?roundtripping XML in QuarkXPress.
For the QuarkXPress operator, Atomik Roundtrip is easy-to-use and the time savings it generates enable a greater focus on design and value-added tasks. When creating a new QuarkXPress document, simply import the XML and then either drag and drop individual pieces of content onto the page or automatically flow content into the entire document. The content can take the appearance of the box it flows into or be automatically styled as it comes onto the page.
New features in Atomik Roundtrip v2 include:
* New XML elements palette which allows XML structure to be applied as easily as QuarkXPress style sheets
* Hierarchical rules releasing users from any constraints previously imposed by the XML structure or the names chosen for XML elements. This significantly reduces, and in most cases eliminates, any need to modify the XML before it is imported via Roundtrip
* Automatic numbering. For many years, users have been able to enjoy the capabilities of Microsoft Word to format their documents with bullets and numbers. With Atomik Roundtrip 2 this facility becomes available in QuarkXPress too.
Atomik Xport 4 is a suite of XML tools that enable users to automatically turn QuarkXPress content into XML, the new standard for storing, distributing and publishing digital information. By automating almost every aspect of the process, Atomik makes the process fast, reliable and efficient. Once in XML, content can be easily reused for online purposes, stored in a database, sent to wireless devices or for any other purpose.
Atomik Xport is comprised of two components, AtomikXT and Atomik Enhancer. AtomikXT tags and extracts the contents of QuarkXPress documents as XML by utilising the existing paragraph and character styling information contained in the QuarkXPress documents. It matches this against your predefined document structure to produce 100% valid and reusable XML in seconds. Once the content has been extracted as XML, you can use Atomik Enhancer to further supplement and transform the XML, for example add metadata, change picture paths or split the XML into individual XML files. Features include:
* Automatic extraction of QuarkXPress content as XML
* Extract entire QuarkXPress documents as XML in one easy step
* Work with images and tables
* Supports paragraph and character level extraction for increased granularity
Quark, Inc. introduced native table objects in QuarkXPress 5 and have developed these further in QuarkXPress 6.x. With Atomik Xport 4 it is possible to export these tables as XML, without having to rely on legacy table formats.
New features in Atomik Xport v4 include:
* Wild card rules in the ruleset. Its easy to make simpler rules more quickly
* Box position tolerance allowing even more flexible navigation rules when determining the ordering of XML extraction. The Atomik Xport 4 software is able to navigate much less rigid page layouts and so greater flexibility of design is accommodated without any need for post extraction transforms
* White space handling gives designers more control over the way white space characters are extracted from the QuarkXPress page and represented in the output XML
Atomik Roundtrip 2 and Atomik Xport 4 are available now through XChange International for £3,495.00 and £4,995.00 respectively. To order, or for more information, users can visit www.xchangeuk.com, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours. Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
XChange are a leading distributor of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension® technology; Adobe InDesign®, Acrobat® and Photoshop® Plug-ins® and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site. The company are headquartered in Central London and also offer specialist training on many of the solutions they sell.
For more information visit www.xchangeuk.com.
Related Keywords:XChange, Atomik Roundtrip 2, Atomik Xport 4, QuarkXPress, XChange International, publishing, roundtripping,