|Page (1) of 1 - 10/23/06||email article||print page|
XChange Int'l announce release of Dataform XTensionNow with Univeral Binary support (October 23, 2006)
DMN Newswire--2006-10-23--XChange International, the source for extended technology worldwide, are pleased to announce the release of the new DATAform XTension for QuarkXPress version 7. DATAform provides a complete, bi-directional connection between a database and Quark documents. Using the DATAform XTension, any programmable database can be used to create complete and sophisticated layout documents in QuarkXPress. DATAform Tags allow any QuarkXPress page element boxes and all of their properties to be defined as ASCII-text and auto-created within QuarkXPress. There are more than 70 DATAform Tags to deal with virtually every aspect of a Quark document, including:
• Create new documents
• Create new pages
• Create boxes on a specific page and position
• Create text boxes with any formatted content
• Create picture boxes — load, scale and offset the picture
• Create linked text boxes across many pages
• Create anchored text boxes, picture boxes or lines
Using a single ASCII text file, users can create an entire catalogue, ready to print or ready for manual finishing by a designer. The database-created boxes and contents can be modified in QuarkXPress like any manually created page elements.
To update the database, DATAform translates the layout document or sections of it into a DATAform Tags text file. This ASCII file contains all information about the document and the database is able to reimport and maintain each discrete piece of information, including:
• Reimport all document properties
• Reimport the new page position for each box
• Reimport over 70 properties for each box
• Reimport the text of all text boxes using either XPressTags or InDesign
• Reimport the picture paths for picture boxes
• Reimport all scaling and offset specifications for imported pictures
• Reimport the complete information for linked text boxes
• Reimport all anchored boxes and lines, and their anchor position
If the content of the database is changed — due to a new set of prices, edited descriptions, etc. — the database can optionally update the QuarkXPress document. The designer’s finishing or manual modifications to page geometry remain unchanged — only the contents of boxes will be replaced.
DATAform is available now through XChange International for £625.00, and users may upgrade from the QuarkXPress 6 versions at a significantly discounted price. To order, or for more information, users can visit www.xchangeuk.com, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours. Email address is [email protected]
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension® technology; Adobe InDesign®, Acrobat® and Photoshop® Plug-ins® and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site. The company are headquartered in Central London and also offer specialist training on many of the solutions they sell.