|Page (1) of 1 - 09/06/06||email article||print page|
XChange Int'l announce availability of HVC Color Composer for PhotoshopNow for Windows and Macintosh (September 06, 2006)
Using HVC, navigating through potential colour palettes and making the right choices in the right context is a breeze. For the first time, contrast between any selected colours can be quantified precisely — a huge benefit to the creative selection process. The product lets users gain power and understanding of colour relationships, and generate thousands of dynamic colour palettes, engineered for their unique needs.
“I was able to save my company about $250,000 last year with the HVC Color Composer Professional. If most of our clients were using it, the savings would be in the millions. This utility brings professional quality colour to the fingertips of the design world,” said Casey George, Digital Prepress Mgr., Great Western Litho, CA . “This is the must-have plug-in for Photoshop and InDesign.”
When users design with the HVC Color Composer, their work is already properly prepared for their pre-press professional. This eliminates the costly and time-consuming back and forth that both artists and pre-press professionals dread. Because HVC space is more compatible with the pigment-based CMYK colour space than RGB and other light-based colour spaces, colours will stay in gamut throughout the pre-press output process.
HVC Color Composer can eliminate those ugly colour anomalies that tend to plague artists and pre-press pros at the end of almost every job.
“The programme is an incredibly advanced colour picker that offers the user a rich environment in which to create custom palettes that can be applied to virtually any use. The palettes that are generated are very unique, vibrant, interesting arrays of colour that you would not be able to find using any other methods. This is certainly a product that serious digital publishers will want to have,” states the Klepper Report, May/June 2005.
HVC Color Composer is an application that is available as an Adobe Photoshop plug-in for Windows and Mac as well as InDesign for Mac.
HVC Color Composer Standard Edition offers these features:
• Auto Range Function — Instantly creates pre-formulated palettes providing a vast proportional medley of colours that are directly relevant to the user’s work
• Navigate through the HVC space, in addition to all the other colour spaces available in InDesign and Photoshop. Make selections with the intuitive ease of HVC, then use your new colours the way you normally would in the applications
• Create brilliant professional looking colour compositions for brochures, logos and letter head in minutes
• View colours in the HVC space by either the Hue, Value, or Chroma axis
• Colour picker enhancements like split sliders, and quick swatches for easy colour storage
HVC Color Composer Professional Edition features:
• An enhancement to Photoshop's Color Picker. Has all the features of the standard colour picker, plus all the advantages of the HVC Color Composer.
• Navigate through the HVC space, in addition to all the other colour spaces standard in Photoshop. Make selections with the intuitive ease of HVC, then use the colour any way you would in Photoshop.
• View the HVC colour space by either the Hue, Value, or Chroma axis.
• Generate dynamic palettes with precise control over palette parameters. Then, either pick colours directly from palettes, or export to a Photoshop palette file, which can be opened in the Swatches window of Photoshop.
• Other significant feature enhancements to the Color Picker, such as a contrast measuring utility, split vertical slider, quick swatches for easy colour storage, and more.
• Utility allowing you to precisely quantify contrast.
• Precise control over palette creation, with a variety of modes, including Range, Proportion, and the one-click palette mode in Standard, Auto-Range.
• Sort the colours in the palettes in different ways.
• Save the palettes as Photoshop palette files.
Color Composer allows users to precisely quantify contrast and offers precise control over palette creation, with a variety of modes, including Range, Proportion, and the one-click palette mode in Standard, Auto-Range.
MacIntosh OS X 10.4 or Higher, Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, Adobe InDesign CS, CS2
Windows 2000/XP Home and Professional, CS and CS2
To accommodate smaller design studios and freelance designers, a new lower price point for both platforms accompanies the release of the Windows versions. The new pricing serves to make HVC Color Composer an indispensable tool for the prepress and design communities.
HVC Color Composer Standard and Professional for Adobe Photoshop are available now through XChange International for £29.95 or $49.95 and £79.95 or $129.95 respectively. To order, or for more information, users can visit www.xchangeuk.com, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours. Email address is [email protected]
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension® technology; Adobe InDesign®, Acrobat® and Photoshop® Plug-ins® and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site. The company are headquartered in Central London and also offer specialist training on many of the solutions they sell.
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved