|Page (1) of 1 - 01/12/07||email article||print page|
XChange International announce the release of CopyFlow Goldfor QuarkXPress for Mac/Universal Binary and Windows (January 12, 2007)
DMN Newswire--2007-1-12--XChange International, the source for extended technology worldwide, are pleased to announce the release of CopyFlow Gold for QuarkXPress v7 with support for Universal Binary. CopyFlow Gold adds powerful page-assembly capabilities to QuarkXPress and provides menu selections which enable end users to automatically import and export multiple linked text stories to and from Quark documents, even those in different text chains. CopyFlow Gold is particularly useful where volume is high, production involves multiple revisions, and deadlines are tight.
Features include batch processing of text, automate pagination and re-purposing of text content. CopyFlow Gold provides tools for naming Quark text frames individually and for identifying folders from which text may be batch imported and exported. An included Namer tool allows for the automatic naming of frames, a very useful feature when many frames are involved. Using the Batch Import tool, users can rapidly import content into text boxes of an Quark document. In addition, file types are filtered using the same logic that applies to Quark’s text filters. Text files can then be batch exported from Quark into RTF or tagged text files for further editing or re-purposing.
- Book Production — Use CopyFlow Gold to import all the text and elements for book chapters as a batch process, even across a network from multiple locations and in multiple file formats. Proof page layouts with all elements in position, then export text files which require revisions back to the originator or editor. Multiple revision passes are more manageable with CopyFlow Gold controlling import and export. Once revisions are completed, quickly reassemble finished chapters automatically for output.
- Translations — Automatically name all text frames in an existing Quark document, export all of the text into a single composite tagged file, submit this file to the translation application of choice, and reimport the translated text into the same Quark document.
- Database Publishing — Use the report generator in a database application to automatically tag fields with layout frame names and create an input text file. Then prepare Quark layouts with corresponding frame names for page elements. Finally, batch import the file or files using CopyFlow Gold and quickly build catalogues or directories.
Features at a glance:
• Advanced Auto-Naming and grouping of text and picture boxes
• Import and Export using any standard QuarkXPress filter
• Export all the text in a Quark document into a single file of XPress Tags which can be batch re-imported into the Quark document or a copy of the Quark document after language translation or other processing.
• Batch Import and Export Quark XPress tags in ASCII or Unicode UTF-16
• AppleScript support for CopyFlow Gold
- Naming boxes
- Batch Import
- Batch Export
- Batch Flush
• Picture Import and Export — Export low resolution previews or high resolution images
Macintosh OS X 10.4
QuarkXPress 7 for PPC/Intel Macs (Universal Binary XT) or Windows XP
CopyFlow Gold for QuarkXPress is available now through XChange International. To order, or for more information, users can visit www.xchangeuk.com, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours. Email address is [email protected]
XChange International are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension® technology; Adobe InDesign®, Acrobat® and Photoshop® Plug-ins® and other design and publishing utilities. XChange source extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site. The company are headquartered in Central London and also offer specialist training on many of the solutions they sell.