|Page (1) of 1 - 06/11/07||email article||print page|
XChange International announce release of BitFonter 3Professional Bitmap Font Editor for Mac OS X and Windows (June 11, 2007)
DMN Newswire--2007-6-11--XChange International, the source for extended technology worldwide, are pleased to announce the release of version 3 of BitFonter. BitFonter is a professional bitmap font editor that allows creative professionals, web designers and manufacturers of electronic devices to create and modify bitmap fonts for print publications, web pages, animations, computer games and electronic devices; convert between bitmap font formats as well as to/from outline font formats and apply special effects to outline fonts when used together with TypeTool, FontLab Studio or AsiaFont Studio.
New features in BitFonter 3.0 include:
- BitFonter now available for Windows
- Powerful conversion of bitmaps and bitmap fonts from and to Type 1, TrueType and OpenType fonts through integration with FontLab Studio and TypeTool
- Improved support for glyph outlines
- Streamlined user interface
- Simplified conversion of scanned lettering or digital photos into fonts
- Faster and more precise image manipulation filters for blurring, softening, sharpening, embossing, adding noise etc.
- Improved import of various image formats (EPS, TIFF, JPG, PNG, GIF etc.)
- More creative power with new and improved tools
- Easier, faster, more consistent spacing and kerning
- Faster and more reliable file saving
- Improved support for the innovative Photofont* technology
- Easier navigation through the glyph repertoire
BitFonter lets users turn anything into fonts and automatically convert scanned images or digital photos into bitmap fonts. Users can extend their personal font library, remix, ?scratch and customise their fonts. Photofonts bring the beauty of full-colour bitmap fonts with texture and transparency to both print and web pages.
Existing feature List:
- Convert between any of the supported bitmap font formats
- Create fonts in a variety of formats usable in printers and imaging devices, mobile electronic devices, phones and electronic displays
- Create razor-sharp fonts that improve screen text legibility in small font sizes
- Create Unicode-compatible bitmap fonts for any script, alphabet or language
- BitFonters intuitive user interface is easy to understand for Photoshop, FontLab Studio and TypeTool users
- To create outline fonts, BitFonter must be used together with one of the supported outline font editors
* To use Photofonts, the user needs a Photofont-capable application such as the free Photofont Start plug-in for Photoshop
- Opens: BitFonter 3 Document (.bfb), Photofont (.phf), OpenType SBIT (.ttf), BDF, Windows (.fon, .fnt), X11 (.pcf), PalmOS (.pdb), IBM AFP, HP PCL (.sfp), EPS, PNG, TIFF, JPEG, GIF, etc.
Mac version also opens: Mac font suitcase, Mac TrueType, PDF, Photoshop (.psd)
- Imports: AFM metrics, rasterised bitmaps in a outline font installed on the system or from a supported outline font editor. Supported outline font editors include: FontLab Studio 5.0.3 or higher, TypeTool 3.0.0 or higher
- Saves: BitFonter 3 Document (.bfb), Photofont (.phf), OpenType SBIT (.ttf), BDF, Windows (.fon, .fnt), PalmOS (.pdb), IBM AFP, HP PCL (.sfp), etc.
Mac version also saves: Mac font suitcase, Mac TrueType
- Exports: PNG, TIFF, AFM metrics, FontLab VFB, outline font or pixelfont to a supported outline font editor. Supported outline font editors include: FontLab Studio 5.0.3 or higher, TypeTool 3.0.0 or higher
- Drawing tools: Pencil, Eraser, Brush, Text tool, Line, Rectangle and Ellipse tool, Fill, Rotate, Marquee selection, freeform selection, magic wand selection. All tools can work in various colour modes, from black/white through greyscale and 8-bit palette to 24-bit RGB colour with alpha transparency
- Special tools: metrics editor, tools to extract characters from image
- Encoding: support for the Unicode basic multilingual plane, various codepages and encodings
- Interface: Project window, Font window (with the glyph preview and string preview panels), Glyph window, Preview window, Image window, Metrics window
- Panels: Info, Tool, Palette (includes optional transparency selector), Brushes, Tool options
- Transformation: Scale, Slant, Rotate, Bold (for black-white fonts only)
- Filters and effects: Change colour depth, Resize, Merge fonts, Sharpen, Soften, Gaussian blur, Smart blur, Brightness/Contrast, Hue/Saturation, Colorise/Texturise, Remove background, Median noise, Custom filter and more
- Undo levels: up to 100 levels (customisable)
Mac - Any Macintosh computer that will run Max OS X 10.3, 10MB HD space for installation
OS X 10.3+ (BitFonter will run on Intel-based Mac OS X using the Rosetta compatibility layer
Windows - 2000, XP, Vista, 10MB HD space for installation
BitFonter 3 is available now through XChange International for £289.00. Upgrades from version 1 or 2 are available for £59.00. To order, or for more information, users can visit www.xchangeuk.com, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours. Email address is [email protected]
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension® technology; Adobe InDesign®, Acrobat® and Photoshop® Plug-ins® and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site. The company are headquartered in Central London and also offer specialist training on many of the solutions they sell.
Related Keywords:font, convert, design, modify, tool, format, effect, type
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved