|Page (1) of 1 - 09/12/06||email article||print page|
XChange International announce availability of new XTensionsAtomik XML Publisher: Multi-channel Publishing Made Easy (September 12, 2006)
There are many thousands of organisations around the world who use QuarkXPress to create high-quality printed content. But there is an ever increasing requirement for content to be published on the Web and other electronic media such as mobile devices. There are a variety of ways to do this, but for most organisations XML is the way forward. This is where Atomik XML Publisher comes in.
Features include drag-and-drop capabilities, box ordering control, paragraph and character-level styling, and support for tables. Built-in automation eliminates the need for users to manually tag or cut and paste content. Atomik XML Publisher is the most cost-effective solution for publishing your content anywhere and everywhere. Atomik XML Publisher allows users to do two things:
• Export any content in a QuarkXPress layout to XML
• Import content in XML format into a QuarkXPress layout
Top features include:
• Box ordering control allows users to specify the order in which content is extracted
• User configurable setup specifies what content to export and the level of granularity required
• Tables can be exported as XML, CALS, or HTML
• Image data such as name, path, type, scale, size, and colour space can be referenced in the XML
• Support for all common output encodings including UTF-8, UTF-16, ISO-8851, and US ASCII
• Reduce costs: eliminate manual content tagging and cut and paste with automated XML export to save time and money
• Add value to your content: publish directly to the Web and other electronic media
• Increase revenue: XML is the perfect method for syndicating your content for third-party use
• Use existing resources: designers with no knowledge of XML can use Atomik XML Publisher
• Leverage technology: Link QuarkXPress 7 to existing databases and content management systems
Mac OS- Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or later, 256MB of available RAM, QuarkXPress® or QuarkXPress Passport® versions 7.0 or 7.01
Windows - Microsoft® Windows® XP, 256MB of available RAM, QuarkXPress or QuarkXPress Passport 7.0
Atomik XML Publisher includes a translated user interface and electronic documentation in the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Dutch.
Atomik XML Publisher is XTensions software which means a customer must be running QuarkXPress 7 in order to use it. It cannot be used on its own.
Atomik XML Publisher is available now through XChange International for £149.00. Atomik XML Publisher is available as a boxed product for conventional delivery only. Volume licensing is not available. To order, or for more information, users can visit www.xchangeuk.com, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours. Email address is [email protected]
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension® technology; Adobe InDesign®, Acrobat® and Photoshop® Plug-ins® and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site. The company are headquartered in Central London and also offer specialist training on many of the solutions they sell.
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved