|Page (1) of 1 - 01/30/07||email article||print page|
XChange International announce MadeToPrint XT for Quark v7MadeToPrint technology update for QuarkXPress 7 adn Acrobat 8 (January 30, 2007)
MadeToPrint XT was developed to streamline and enhance one of the most neglected but vital aspects of QuarkXPress: printing. At its simplest, MadeToPrint XT combines all the aspects of a given print job into a simple selectable item. These can include: the desired printer on the network, any special settings required for that device, page setup configuration and print dialogue settings—including custom separation definitions and registration-mark text and placement. Features include the ability to automatically update and relink images before the current Quark document is output.
In addition, MadeToPrint XT allows for grouping of multiple print-job definitions into custom sets that can be invoked at any time to output the same document to multiple output devices, using the parameters specified for each device in its own print job. This means that with a single operation, a user can elect to have a document output to a black-and-white laser printer, a colour-proofing device, and a high-resolution imagesetter — and be assured that all settings in all dialogues are correct. MadeToPrint XT reduces media waste caused by improperly chosen printer configurations, and allows for unattended output of QuarkXPress documents to any variety of formats.
MadeToPrint XT includes more output options and the addition of print styles specifically developed for PDF and EPS export. The XTension takes away the need to configure and double check output settings over and over again. Users simply determine output settings once — then use them whenever they are needed. MadeToPrint minimises efforts for printing and file export, and allows users the ability to automatically create single PostScript® and PDF pages from within multi-page Quark documents.
• Infobar — an optional, user-definable and automatically generated job slug printed at the top of every output page that can contain comprehensive information about the document, the workstation, and the user initiating the output
• Optionally replace specific graphics automatically during output with a uniformly coloured area, based on the graphic type or characteristics in the file name, to assist in manual film-stripping workflows
• Includes powerful tools for working with print-to-PostScript functions in Adobe Acrobat
• Optionally auto-generate a print-file name depending on and composed of multiple variables including current date and time, user ID, document name, page number, last modification date and time, name of workstation or startup volume, etc.
• Automatically create one PostScript file per document, spread, or page
• Printing of galleries — a crossbreed of thumbnails and the LaserWriter n-up feature — with added flexibility, very useful for printing overviews of multipage documents or customised presentations of document layouts
• Print picture info — print the name of a picture inside every picture box for documenting and tracking picture usage for image-intensive publications such as catalogues.
• Automatically create one EPS for the content of each page rather than printing the page. The bounding box will be the enclosing rectangle of the elements on that page on a page-by-page basis
• Provides batch print capabilities to run a set of print jobs for all documents in a selected folder
Additionally, the XTension is compatible with AutoPilot XT (sold separately), the comprehensive, high-end automation tool for QuarkXPress or Quark Publishing System®-based prepress workflows.
A new version of MadeToPrint for InDesign/InCopy CS/CS2 is available as well, boasting the same time and money-saving features for users of InDesign. Besides offering new functions like Acrobat 8 Distiller compatibility for PDF creation and efficient load balancing, the new version comprises various optimisations and debugs.
MadeToPrint XT and MadeToPrint for InDesign/Incopy are available now through XChange International. To order, or for more information, users can visit www.xchangeuk.com, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours. Email address is [email protected]
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension® technology; Adobe InDesign®, Acrobat® and Photoshop® Plug-ins® and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site. The company are headquartered in Central London and also offer specialist training on many of the solutions they sell.
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved