|Page (1) of 1 - 01/18/12||email article||print page|
X-ES Introduces 6U CompactPCI SBC Featuring 2nd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 Processor(January 18, 2012)
MIDDLETON, WI -- (Marketwire) -- 01/18/12 -- Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES) introduces the XCalibur4401, a 6U CompactPCI Single Board Computer (SBC) based on the 2nd generation Intel® Core i7 processor (formerly codenamed "Sandy Bridge"). Available in either conduction- or air-cooled versions, the XCalibur4401 utilizes the processor's dual- or quad-core technology operating at up to 2.5 GHz, making it an excellent COTS solution for military, communications, and industrial applications.
Customers with floating-point intensive applications, such as radar, image processing, or signal processing, will benefit from the performance boost provided by the Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel AVX) incorporated into the 2nd generation Intel Core i7 processor.
The XCalibur4401 features include:
- Conduction- or air-cooled 6U CompactPCI module
- Dual- or quad-core 2nd generation Intel Core i7 processors with Intel Hyper-Threading Technology and Intel QM67 Express chipset
- Default processor: Intel Dual Core i7-2655LE processor, 2.2 GHz base frequency, 4 MB cache
- Alternate processors configurations:
- Intel Quad Core i7-2715QE: 2.1 GHz, 6 MB Cache
- Intel Dual Core i5-2515E: 2.5 GHz, 3 MB Cache
- Intel Dual Core i7-2610UE: 1.5 GHz, 4 MB Cache
- Intel Quad and Dual Core compatible Ivy Bridge processors
- Up to 16 GB of DDR3-1333 ECC SDRAM in two channels
- Up to 128 GB of user flash and 32 MB of boot flash
- Front- and rear-panel Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Rear-panel USB 2.0 high-speed ports
- Rear-panel SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports
- Front- and rear-panel graphics ports
- Two PrPMC/XMC sites
- Complies with PICMG 2.0, 2.1, 2.3, 2.9, and 2.16
- In-house X-ES operating system support includes:
- Green Hills INTEGRITY Board Support Package (BSP)
- Wind River VxWorks BSP
- QNX Neutrino BSP
- Linux BSP
- Windows drivers
About X-ES -- Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES) designs and builds chassis, singleboard computers, I/O, power, backplane, and system-level products within the embedded computer industry. X-ES offers cutting-edge performance and flexibility in design, plus an unparalleled level of customer support and service. For further information on X-ES products or services, please visit our website: www.xes-inc.com or call (608) 833-1155.
All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Intel, core i7, 2nd gen corei7, cpci, compactpci, singleboard computer, sbc, milaero, 6u cpci module, Marketwire, Inc., ,