|Page (1) of 1 - 11/13/11||email article||print page|
Wyse CEO to Discuss Leading Trends in Cloud Computing for Sustainable Economic Growth at the World Economic Forum in Mumbai, India(November 13, 2011)
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/13/11 -- Tarkan Maner, President and CEO of Wyse Technology, the global leader in cloud client computing, will join the World Economic Forum (WEF), India Economic Summit's distinguished panel, Building a Digital Economy, on Monday, November 14th, 2011 at 10:45am.
The panelists will discuss bridging the digital divide and building a sustainable and differentiated digital economy in India and other emerging markets. Additionally, strategic visions and the latest initiatives around India's rapid growth and local innovation will be discussed.
The 2011 India Economic Summit will take place for the first time in its 27-year history outside New Delhi and in one of the most economically important states, Maharashtra. Bringing together key decision-makers from government, industry, civil society and academia, the Summit will be held under the theme "Linking Leadership with Livelihood."
The Summit will explore questions including:
- What are the key IT mega trends? How Cloud Computing and new technologies around cheaper IT infrastructures from the data center to billions of new type of thinner and greener client devices can accelerate economic growth.
- How can India improve governance practices and institutions to address major obstacles to future growth such as corruption and bureaucratic inefficiency?
- How can models of success at the state level be replicated across India?
- How can leaders balance the environmental impact of expanding consumption with sustainable solutions?
- How can India enhance its overall manufacturing competitiveness through the establishment of better infrastructure and talent pools?
Building a Digital Economy, Interactive Session
Monday, November 14th, 2011, 10:45am - 12:00pm
Tarkan Maner, President and CEO, Wyse Technology, USA
James Bujold, President, Honeywell International, India
Sachin Pilot, Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology of India
Grand Hyatt, Mumbai
About Wyse Technology
Wyse Technology is the global leader in Cloud Client Computing. The Wyse portfolio includes industry-leading thin, zero and cloud PC client solutions with advanced management, desktop virtualization and cloud software supporting desktops, laptops and next generation mobile devices. Cloud client computing replaces the outdated computing model of the unsecure, unreliable, energy-intensive and expensive PC, all while delivering lower TCO and a superior user experience. Wyse has shipped more than 20 million units and has over 200 million people interacting with their products each day, enabling the leading private, public, hybrid and government cloud implementations worldwide. Wyse partners with industry-leading IT vendors, including Cisco®, Citrix®, IBM®, Microsoft, and VMware® as well as globally recognized distribution and service partners. Wyse is headquartered in San Jose, California, U.S.A., with offices worldwide. For more information, visit the Wyse website at http://www.wyse.com or call 1-800-GET-WYSE.
* All brands and names mentioned herein are trademarks of their respective holders.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Thin, Cloud, Zero, Manufacturing,Distribution,Manufacturing/Production,Manufacturing,Business Issues,Cloud Computing,infrastructure,Management,CEO/CFO,USA,India,Marketwire, ,IT (Information Technology),Computer Science,india,Other,