|Page (1) of 1 - 05/23/02||email article||print page|
WriteDVD! Pro 4 ReleasedSoftware includes DVD repair utility
The new version supports drag and drop writing to DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW and DVD-RAM. And it works will all major DVD hardware, including Sony, HP, Ricoh, Philips, Pioneer, Hitachi, Panasonic, LaCie and QPS. It supports both block addressable DVD-RAM and DVD+RW discs and sequential recording DVD-R, DVD-RW and DVD+R media, as well as CD-R and CD-RW media,
Version 4.0 also includes support for advanced "Real Time Recording" functions used in new DVD-RAM disk-based video camcorders and video recorders. Real time recording optimizes reads and writes of video files to disk by emulating sequential recording on the random access, block addressable DVD-RAM media. Other features include:
- Copy, arrange and remove files from DVD-R, DVD+R or CD-R volumes prior to finishing the disc.
- Background mastering.
- Formats in all versions of UDF.
- Reads and writes DVD video files created in DVD video real time recording format.
- Supports DVD-RAM media recorded in new DVD video recorders and DVD camcorders.
- Tests media for defective sectors.
- Diagnoses and repairs damaged discs.
- Recovers files from damaged discs to the hard drive.
WriteDVD! Pro consists of four key components: WriteDVD! File System; FormatUDF! Formatter and test utility; WriteDVD! device drivers; FixDVD! disc repair and file recovery utility.
WriteDVD! is available now for Mac OS 8/9 and Windows. It supports ATAPI, FireWire and USB standard protocols and sells for $99.95. For more information, visit http://www.softarch.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:WriteDVD! Pro 4 Released