|Page (1) of 1 - 05/30/12||email article||print page|
Wrapp Makes Gift Giving Everyday Event in the NetherlandsSocial Gifting App for Giving Facebook Friends Free Gifts and Gift Cards Starts Service With Popular National, Multinational and Regional Retailers and Brands (May 30, 2012)
AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS -- (Marketwire) -- 05/30/12 -- Wrapp, the social gifting app that lets you give your Facebook friends free gifts and gift cards, is now available in the Netherlands.
"Wrapp is so much more fun than just posting a note on your friends' Facebook walls," said Hjalmar Winbladh, Wrapp's CEO. "Now you can give free gifts or gift cards when you say 'Happy Birthday,' or 'Cheer up!' or 'Looking forward to going shopping with you on Saturday.'"
The retailers and partners now working with Wrapp in the Netherlands include:
- 9 Straatjes Online - fashion, jewelry, books, art, gifts and interior accessories
- America Today - top fashion brands from America
- Bike Totaal - bike specialist with more than 270 stores in the Netherlands
- Blond Amsterdam - colorful and cheerful dishes with a touch of Amsterdam
- Bol.com - Netherland's largest online retailer of books, movies, CDs and toys
- Fab - internationally renowned fashion label from Amsterdam with luxurious bags, wallets and jewelry
- Fonq - hundreds of contemporary home furnishing products
- Frederique's Choice - flowers from the former top model Frederique van der Wal
- Happy Socks - cheerful, colorful socks for him and her
- lief! lifestyle - leading Dutch label for baby and children's clothing and related accessories
- O'Neill - the original California surf, snow and lifestyle brand
- Perry Sport - Netherland's leading retailer for outdoor equipment and sportswear
- VriendenLoterij - national lottery
- WE Fashion - contemporary clothing collections for women, men, boys and girls
"WE Fashion is constantly in motion, offline as well as online," said Wouter Kolk, WE Fashion's CEO. "With Wrapp, we're integrating the online and offline worlds via social media. Now, a lovely gift -- a WE gift card -- can be given to your best friends from home."
Added Imme Rog, VriendenLoterij's managing director: "Wrapp has found a new way of combining smartphones and social media for giving presents online, and that includes VriendenLoterij lottery tickets. What we really like is that your own family and friends recommend VriendenLoterij. This makes it so much nicer and more personal."
To start sending free gifts and gift cards to friends and family, download the Wrapp mobile app from Apple's App Store or Google Play. Or use the web app at www.wrapp.com, and connect it to your Facebook account.
Wrapp began its unique brand of social gifting in Sweden in November last year. In March this year Wrapp took its service to Norway and the U.K., and in April introduced its service in the U.S.
During the last five months nearly 250,000 active Wrapp users have given their Facebook friends more than 1.8 million free gift cards that could be redeemed in stores operated by some 70 major U.S. and European retailers.
Participating merchants report that each sale averages four to six times the value of the free gift card they let Wrapp users give to their friends.
Wrapp is a social gifting service for celebrating friends with free and paid gift cards from top brands. Wrapp allows friends to contribute to the gift cards, and makes them fun and easy to give, receive and redeem using mobile devices and the web. Founded in 2011, Wrapp is based in Stockholm, with offices in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Japan, Australia and Brazil. Celebrate friends every day at www.wrapp.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: social gifting, friend-to-friend marketing, gift cards, customer acquisition, retailer, gifts, Computers/Peripherals, Home, Family, Toys, Internet, Family, Communications, Movies & Music, Web, Smart Phone, Accessories, Movies by Genre, Search, Family, Google, Social Media, France, Germany, USA, Japan, Australia, Brazil, Italy, Marketwire, , Lifestyle, Internet Technology, Family, Men, Women,