|Page (1) of 1 - 03/17/03||email article||print page|
Worley Updates Taft Collection for LightWaveNew version gets bug fixes, cross-platform improvements
Taft includes six individual tools for LightWave, including Camera Match, which is designed to match photographs with LightWave's camera view; Sticky Front Projection, which allows for image-based rendering for moving around photographic scenes in LightWave; Whirley Points, which offers real-time soft dynamics; Tracer, a tool for launching projectiles; HeatWave, which generates hot water vapor distortion effects; and Hoser, which is designed for adding flexibility to hoses, ropes and the like without the use of bones or IK.
The new update to Taft, version 1.0-HC, offers several bug fixes. These include:
- Video card issues resolved on the Mac version;
- Whirleypoints now maxes out at 60 FPS to conserve CPU usage;
- The Windows version now loads all Taft settings from objects created with the Mac version;
- Hoser has been fixed to bend the last vertices of a finely divided mesh correctly;
- CamerMatch gains improvements to accuracy;
- Sticky Front Projection and Hoser now behave correctly when the pivot is moved;
- HeatWave's special buffer now works in versions of LightWave subsequent to 5.6.
The William Howard Taft Collection 1.0-HC is available now as a free update for current users. The full version runs $199. For more information, visit http://www.worley.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Worley Updates Taft Collection for LightWave
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved