|Page (1) of 1 - 01/03/03||email article||print page|
Worley Launches G2 for Mac OS XLightWave shading and lighting system gets $100 launch discount for the Mac
Worley's G2 works within LightWave's Layout workspace and offers a wide range of lighting and shading features, along with a new preview system that includes continuous, real-time updating. It offers skin tools, subsurface scattering, edge tools, interactive boosts and image processing and compositing features. It also includes an "Art Mode" that doesn't use lighting at all (for producing non-photographic imagery). Some of G2's features include:
- New shading models, including multiple layers, independent colors, new highlight falloffs, anisotropy, extended rim lighting, etc.;
- Soft reflections;
- Area lights;
- New glass modeling without the need for doubled geometry;
- Luminous shadow darkening, such as the feature found in Sasquatch and Gaffer;
- Color correction within LightWave;
- Photomapping tools;
- New tools for specularity, reflection, transparency, light groups and surface lighting;
- Film grain;
- And various extra tools, such as user comments, copy/paste settings and others.
As of today, G2 for Mac OS X is available for $399. For users of Gaffer, Polk, Taft or Sasquatch, it sells for $299 for the Mac. The regular price is $499. At press time, a demo version of the software was not available, though Worley said it would be posted today. The introductory discount for the Mac version was supposed to have expired by today, but it's not clear at this point whether it will be extended owing to the shipping delay. (We'll keep you posted.) The Mac version runs only under Mac OS X. For more information, visit http://www.worley.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Worley Launches G2 for Mac OS X